Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Grifter posted:

I had him waving a katana around because the game forced me to pick weapon proficiencies and there didn't seem to be one for barehanded. Once I tossed that he did much better.

If you're not planning on keeping Keldorn (awesome paladin), get him in your party, nab his armour and then ditch him. Monks with 18 CHA can use it, and it is better than your natural AC at the beginning of the game. You can get your cha to 18 with a ring (Ring of Human Influence) you get in one of the first sidequests available after Irenicus' Lair (the first dungeon).

/edit: You can equip the ring, don the armour, then remove the ring if you want to use another one, the armour stays on.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I got Resonance of Fate a few days ago. The wiki has nothing on it, but I found some minor tips in this thread and I'm slowly making my way through the main thread, but I'd rather avoid any big spoilers.

I had played the game before when a friend lent it to me, so I have a grasp of the combat system; I'm looking for anything missable or tips in general.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Major Ryan posted:

Alan Wake's tips.

On this note, unless you really suck at videogames I'd recommend starting the game on hard. Normal is just too easy and it kinda sucks some of the tension away.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Barudak posted:

Most pressingly near the end of the game their will be a forced mission in a derelict space-ship which will end with you receiving a new party-member. If you want to avoid any negative consequences you have only time for 1 mission before you must start the end-game.

Wasn't the timer 2 missions?