Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Event Spire posted:

Anyone have any tips for Morrowind?

Redguard is by far the best race with their weapon bonuses. Some may disagree, but I found magic other than alchemy and restoration pretty worthless. You are pretty much always better off just whacking stuff to death. On thing note however, some key spells you will need are Mark/Recall (for getting back to your cache when you are over burdened with loot) and soul trap.

Enchanted weapons are pretty powerful (especially with a paralyze enchantment or damage spell on hit) but a backup weapon is always a good idea. Buying stuff tends to be expensive, but typically it is decently easy to steal (save first) or get better stuff from wandering in the wilderness. Very powerful early game gear can be gotten by defeating Umbra (bring a couple scrolls of paralyze otherwise he is pretty hard) or simply by stealing the sword of white woe from one of the guard houses in Balmora (I forget which one - look it up)

In place of spells, always carry potions (healing, ect) that produce the desired effect since they can be used durning a pause in the middle of the battle. Alchemy is an excellent way of getting potions cheaply.

Other than that, be sure to join the mages guild for the free teleports (or is it just cheaper?) and do a lot of side quests in between every main quest you do to level up and get better gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU