Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Lockback posted:

Awesome thread.

Anyone have help for Crusader King and Europa Universalis III?

Crusader Kings:

-There is no reason not to get the Deus Vult expansion.

-England in 1066 is a good beginner nation because it's fairly wealthy and you don't have any distant possesions to worry about. However, a lot of your vassals hate William de Normandie and will declare war on you within a few years. Take their land and give it to your relatives, but remember not let your reputation get too bad.

-Feudal contract law is excellent becuase it causes an event that gives you free prestige and it triggers fairly often. As large kingdom with feudal contract I usually have more prestige than I know what to do with.

-If you want a somewhat playable game as a count, the province of Dauphine Viennoise in southern France starts off with a huge tax base. You can try using the huge armies that province spawns to create your own kingdom in North Africa.

-Unless you're based in the mediterranean, going after crusade targets is more trouble than it's worth.

Europa Universalis III:

-The Napoleon's Ambition expansion is worth it for automerchants alone. In Nomine is even better.

-Playing as France is easy mode.

-The Magna Mundi mod adds a lot of intersting gameplay. It is also much harder and more frustrating. Hope you enjoy stablity hits for the stupidest of reasons.

-If you're in a position to do so, conquer northern Italy. The provinces there are rich and most of them have a university. Once you've grabbed all of them, set your government tech investment to zero and you can still be competitive there.

-Don't go overboard on inflation, but don't be afraid of it either.

-You know how the army details screen tells you how many regiments you have and how many you can support? It's sorta like the speed limit - you can go over it to a certain degree without disaster.

Edit: Two more for CK:

-Don't worry about the composition of your armies. The bigger mob always wins.

-Build royal posts. They will help if you have a large desmesne and a king with low intrigue.

Contingency Plan fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Requesting more tips for Fallout 3, which I'm just starting.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

I'd like to request some tips for Europa Universalis: Rome.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

I went and picked up Assassin's Creed II because people have yelling non-stop that it is GOTY 2009. As far as I'm concerned, that honour belongs to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, but that is neither here nor there. Any tips for my sojourn into Renaissance Italy?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

This is a long shot given that it's such an old game and not a particularly well-known one to boot, but any tips for Machiavelli:The Prince?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Heavy Rain?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Can I have some advice for Dawn of War II's single-player campaign?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Masa posted:

Some Fallout: New Vegas tips:

You'll get a room to store stuff once you follow the main quest to The Strip. You can also get one earlier by doing Boone's quest in Novac.

However, keep in mind that you'll alienate Boone if you're an enemy of the NCR. As an alternative, you can get a room with a chest to keep your poo poo in by paying 100 caps at the motel.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

After having played it years and years ago on the Xbox I'm coming back to Morrowind on its rightful PC home. Any tips for making a wizard character? What gameplay mods should I get? I've decided to stick with the default graphics because as pretty as the screenshots of Morrowind with Crysis-quality graphics are, if the thread here in Games is anything to go by it requires installing over two dozen components in a very specific order, so I'll pass.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any advice for Infamous 2?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Can I have some tips for Crusader Kings II? I'm aware of Kersch's introductory let's play but I'm looking for brief tips. For reference's sake I'm familiar with CK1.

A particular question: should I focus on owning ever holding in a province or spread them out over my demesne?
I also have the Sword of Islam DLC: what should I know about playing as a Muslim?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Anything for Super Meat Boy?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Question about Saints Row: The Third: Can you lock yourself out of any of the ambient challenges by finishing the plot and gaining control of all the neighbourhoods?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Sang-Froid - Tales of Warewolves?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Colony Wars: Vengeance?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

It's been out for a little while now, so any tips for The Witcher 3? I'm particularly interested in character development and combat. I just finished the Noonwraith quest at the very start of the game and despite using specter oil on my sword I was only doing ~10 points of damage per strike. I used the Yrden sign and was suddenly doing ~100 damage/strike and I have no idea why.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Zombi/ZombiU? There's no entry on the wiki (or for any games that start with Z).

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Unless the PC version has changed it in some way then yes the melee combat is as bad and clunky as it looks and no there is no way to make it better.

However, once you get the 'rhythm' of melee combat down it can be a very effective way to save ammo. Before long, I could simultaneously fight and kill multiple zombies with the cricket bat without getting hit. If you can corner one you can you hit the button repeatedly to bludgeon them to death before they've recovered from the last blow. This is especially useful against armoured zombies and the glowing red zombies that carry a gun upgrade.

About two-thirds through the game you will be trapped in a basement with a teleporting zombie with your minimap disabled. The zombie is not actually invincible, it's a boss fight and you're meant to fight, not run away.

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for The Forest?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Xenus II: White Gold?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

I'm coming back to Stellaris after a year of not touching it, any tips? Paradox games get patched and rebalanced pretty frequently, is the advice on the wiki page still accurate?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2?

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Anything for Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Any tips for Darkwood? I'm past the prologue and have no idea what I'm doing other than wandering around collecting junk that's hopefully useful later.