Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV
- The 'One Man Army' achievement is a lot easier to get than you'd think. Once the second island opens up, steal a helicopter from the helicopter tours place in Alderney's south. Fly to the third island and you'll automatically gain 6 stars. However, the police have no anti-air capabilities in IV, so you can hover in the air for five minutes to gain what would otherwise be an insanely hard achievement.
- When a friend calls but you don't want to hang out with them, answer anyway and agree to go out. Immediately after, call them up and cancel the plans. This way, you don't lose friendship points.
- When stealing cars for Stevie, there's a quick way to spot them which doesn't involve you circling a neighborhood for hours. Get a chopper and fly to the area Stevie mentions. From a certain height in the air, NPC cars won't spawn. However, the car Stevie wants you to steal is visible no matter how high you are. When you're looking for the requested car, simply maintain an altitude from which NPC cars are invisible and you'll be able to spot it no problems.

Devil May Cry 4
- The dice game isn't random. Before being hit, it rotates in a specific sequence and the number rolled depends on what attack you hit it with. A simple way to guarantee the number you want is to watch the die's sequence and prepare yourself. Hitting it with a buster when the face up number is the one you want will guarantee that number.
- For a ridiculously easy SSS rank - fight the Angelo trio of two blue knights and a gold leader. They're found various times in the level or two with Magnus during Nero's story. Avoid attacking any of them while charging a Blue Rose shot, and wait for the group to charge a huge projectile together (pad rumbling lets you know this is happening and you can see a reflective ball growing). Wait until the moment after they release it towards you and then let the charged shot fly. It'll reflect the attack and kill all three. Instant SSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'm going to start Eternal Sonata tonight. Generally I like to go in with no prior knowledge, but I've been burned by RPGs like Final Fantasy XII and The Last Remnant in the past. Is there anything I could possibly miss, or anything I should really focus on?