Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Requesting Fable: The Lost Chapters. Awesome thread, by the way, this is really helpful for a lot of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Mainwaring posted:

Could anyone explain what happens if you kill Cohen at either of the oppurtunities? I left him alive both times I ran into him but I'm really curious as to whether you get any cool loot and how tough he is to take down.

If I recall correctly, when you kill him, you get a key to one of the domes in the area you first meet him which has a small treasure chest inside. The loot from that isn't anything special. But if you wait and kill him later, he has a key to his apartment on him, which I believe contains an audio log, some plasmid, and an achievement.

Either way, you get an achievement for taking a picture of his corpse, so be sure to do that.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Wampa Stompa posted:

Does anyone have any tips for the Resident Evil Gamecube Remake or Eternal Darkness?

If you haven't already, DO NOT look up the sanity effects before you play through. Also, don't be OCD about keeping your sanity up, because while you can easily, the game is much better if you let it stay low. When you get to it, examine the bathtub, you get a pretty sweet reward which a fair amount of people miss. Other than that, I don't recall anything that needs to be said up front.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

KingShiro posted:

Getting Sid Meier's Civilization from Gamefly. Anything I should know? What's useful/useless etc.

You mean Civilization Revolution, which is the one for consoles? If you meant the only game in the series titled "Sid Meier's Civilization", then you're going to be getting a DOS game in the mail shortly.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Anybody got anything for Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic? I've played it before, but ages and ages ago when it was new so I don't remember anything.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Jarl posted:

What path (good or evil) is the strongest in Bioshock; visa vie weapon arsenal.

You get slightly more Adam going the evil route but it doesn't add up to *that* much. There's no differences in what weapons you get or how you can upgrade them.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Chief Savage Man posted:

Serious Sam HD?

The knife is worthless as Barudak said, the pistol(s) are good for conserving ammo and the few times you want to snipe in TFE before you get the tommy gun, usually picking off kamikazes. The shotgun is going to be your go-to gun for the first few levels, they give you tons of ammo for it.

Quick save is your friend. The skeleton things are not, they are huge dicks but eventually you learn to deal with them.

Cover is worthless, but it is worth trying to peer around corners sometimes. You can hear enemies make noises before they hear you, so if you hear weird grunts be careful because something is going to jump out at you very soon.

EDIT: Anything that only gives you one health or one armor is always, always, always booby trapped. +25s and +10s are usually not, but if there's something out in the middle of a wide open area, assume it is trapped, no matter what it is.

EDIT2: Thirding the request for DoW2 tips.

Arcsech fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 6, 2011

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Vince Videogames posted:

So I want to give Deus Ex another honest try after really not having fun in the first mission. Any suggestions on how I could maybe make the game more enjoyable for someone who's kinda just in it for the story/ finding out why this game's supposed to be so great?

Install Biomod and some other various enhancements (Multicore fix, alternate renderer, etc) to modernize it a little. Not liking the first mission is not a sign that you won't like the game - it's a good example of what they game is capable of (open levels, multi-path) but they do just throw you in and expect you to swim, which isn't very fun the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Any Pokemon Sword/Shield tips?

You get some pokeballs pretty early without really being told about it, and if you catch something before hitting the catching tutorial it’ll automatically skip the tutorial, which helps somewhat with the loving never ending intro sequence. So check your inventory and catch something ASAP.

The Pokémon wandering around outside of grass in the wild zone can be much higher level than you, I ran into a level 40 something when my team was roughly level 12. So probably stick to the ones in the grass at first.

As far as I can tell, trying to catch anything higher level, even just 1 higher, than what you have currently out is entirely futile - I threw like 10 balls at a level 9 Growlithe with a level 8 something out, it never even shook once, switched to a level 10 one, caught first throw.

You can do the dynamax raids in the wild area very early to get some good items and Pokémon, they’re honestly pretty easy even with the dumbass AI raidmates.

The rival is awful and I can’t wait to grind him and his idiot brother into powder.