Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma
Oh, nice. I have two requests:
Shadow Hearts Covenant and Final Fantasy XII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

Philosopher King posted:

Final Fantasy 12
-Get a guide ASAP, you can stupidly miss the end treasure by picking up normal treasure.
-This game can be easily broken. Try to get the side summon partway through the game, the rest is cake.
-The plot is retarded, don't waste your time with this game.
-Do not persue Lu Bu the T-rex.

Thanks.

And I will try to kill the T-Rex. Lu Bu is killable, too. Took me half an hour.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

TheYellowChicken posted:

Motherfucker took on the GOD OF WAR and his two best friends, all at the same time, and came out to a draw.

Listen to Yuan Shao. Don't Pursue Lu Bu.

You are weak. It's totally doable. You just need a ton of time and be very, very, very careful.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

TheYellowChicken posted:

Never said it wasn't doable. But you really think someone will be able to do it the first time they play it?

LET THEM TRY! Being beat to a pulp by the almighty Lu Bu is an essential DW experience.

Spore

Everything you build is purely cosmetic with two exceptions:
1) Being carnivore/omnivore/herbivore in the first stage determines many of your additional skills in all the other stages.
2) Creature phase, but more doesn't help more.

To end the game:
Look for the Sol system and a nearby wormhole will take you almost to the center of the galaxis. You need atleast interstellar drive 3.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

Fatkraken posted:

so, I just bought Farenheit (indigo prophecy). The X-box version. I know it's supposed to be an interesting idea but flawed executoion, especially towards the end, I didn't pay much so I'm not too bothered and not expecting it to be perfect. Any tips for not getting bored and making it through to the end (no spoilers please if possible)?

This is a great game. The last part sucks, as all the others have pointed out, but everything else is a great experience.

My tip: Play it on easy. It will reduce the pain of all the lovely quicktime events.

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

Kelrebin posted:

How the hell did you enjoy this game if you didn't enjoy the quicktime events. They make up just about half of the gameplay with the other half being completely hamfisted puzzles.

My tip is to not assume that the guards behave like actual people in the stealth segment. Whether or not they spot you has virtually nothing to do with actual line of sight. Prepare to be frustrated.

I actually like quick-time events. But the ones in this game get frustrating pretty quick. So turning the difficulty down in order to minimize retries made the game much more enjoyable for me.

I played the first scene where you try to hide evidence countless times for all variants. If only the rest of the game were like this!

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

Popcorn posted:

Something I wish someone had told me before I played: you don't need to level everyone up equally. Just choose the characters you like best and have them in the party the whole time. (I'm not a huge RPG player so maybe this is something that FF fans have known for decades.)

How strictly is that true? Can I just ignore everyone and stick to just three charcters? Or is some minimal leveling for certain characters necessary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benedikt XVI
Aug 30, 2008

by Ozma

Mainwaring posted:

Once you've got through the first few hours of the game you can select three characters you like and never, ever have to use the other three again.

Ok, thanks.