Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Some more for Mass Effect

-- All classes are not created equal. The hardest difficulty is a joke as a soldier, but you will have to work hard for it if you play something like a pure engineer.
-- Same goes for your party members, though I guess it makes sense that a hardened mercenary like Wrex would be more skilled than most of your crew. They don't all work with the same class structure as PCs either. Wrex is a "Krogan Battlemaster" and Liara is an "Asari Scientist" (or something like that) which allows them different bonuses / skill combinations.
-- The ally achievements are weird. The hardest one to get will be Liara's since you get her last (don't do any citadel side quests before leaving) but the other characters seemingly have uneven requirements and you may not get them at the times you'd expect.

Oblivion
-- Has a very strange way of autoleveling monsters in comparison to your skills. By not leveling up or focusing entirely on minor skills, the game becomes easier. It's possible (and likely) to completely screw yourself and make the monsters nigh impossible to kill if you play the game like most normal RPGs. Read http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Efficient_Leveling for a detailed approach.

I'm about to start playing Hitman: Blood Money if anyone wants to mention anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Starting Yakuza 2 soon if anyone has anything to add

Suspicious Lump posted:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaittttt I'm thinking of getting this game but my computer is fairly lovely. Whats your computer and how badly does it run?

I tried the game in open beta with a radeon 9800, 3.0 ghz p4, and 1 gig of ram. It ran. . . kind of. I played until level 8 or something and I really don't think you'd want to play the game like that.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I know Dead Rising has come up a bunch in this thread but I just picked it up and was wondering how the gently caress I should deal with the guys in the jeep because they're about to make me put down the game in disgust for good. Alternatively, is there a way I can open the gates so I don't have to go into that middle area period?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Killing the clown worked (only took like 4 hours of in-game time and a lipstick prop :psyduck:). That shortcut should be all I need.