Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax
Star Ocean - Any of the games.

Always save up your SP and MAX OUT Determination and than Effort in your skill list. They will make you level up and gain SP MAD FAST! After that I suggest maxing out customization (so you can make some nasty rear end weapons) and also Familiar (so you can send a bird out to a item shop when your stuck in a cave, be sure to pick up pet food though!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax
Anyone got any good ones for Eternal Sonata?

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax

TadGhostal posted:

This may have been asked but it's a big thread and I don't have search, but I just picked up Star Ocean: The Last Hope today. Anyone got any tips going in?

Never played the game, but I know the star ocean series (actually just beat second departure last night). If I remember reading correctly, the last hope still has the skills system. The first ones you are going to want to max out are EFFORT and DETERMINATION. They will make you get more EXP in battle, making you level up much faster.

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax

Wampa Stompa posted:

Does anyone have any tips for the Resident Evil Gamecube Remake or Eternal Darkness? I started RE, but had to delete my save because I had accidentally filled up Chris's laughably inadequate inventory with things I couldn't drop.

Pretty sure you can drop those items into the trunk, I don't recall anything that couldn't be put in there.
Also, always mix ingredients.

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax

Nate RFB posted:

I finally got Soma Bringer patched and working on my DS...any particularly helpful tidbits?

I'm playing through this also at the moment. Beautiful game, beautiful graphics.
I don't really have any TIPS at the moment, but be sure to put a soma gate as one of your buttons. Always plant one while fighting a big boss so that before you die you can just teleport outta there, heal up, than go back without having to make the long trek to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tical00
Nov 17, 2008

by Lowtax

EVIR Gibson posted:

You grab onto fur with the right shoulder button, but you should already know that since you had to climb vegatation.

Other tips is that there are different kinds of drain on stamina depending where and how you are holding on. If you are grabbing on a level piece of giant and he is not moving around, your stamina will not move. If you are grabbing unto the wings of a bird and hanging upside down, your stamina will drain really fast.

To regain stamina, stand up on the above mentioned leveled areas or a place it is really hard to fall off (Second Boss: Good example because the shell structure on his back forms as a sort of playpen. You can stay in there and be tossed around forever but you will still gain strength

Jump and hit the same button to grab to quick mount the horse from the side.

Oh, big one. The horse is smart. If you come across a twisty bridge or complicated path that isn't too sharp, don't touch the controls and just keep holding down the run button. It will auto-navigate. This is a godsend since you will, half the time, have to run across that bridge near the temple for half of the gods.

When the first boss starts shaking his leg, it means he knows your on him and won't stop until your off. Jump off and distract him than jump back on. You are holding R1 to keep holding on to him, right?
Also, R1 helps you regenerate health when your off of him.