Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

God of War 1 posted:

If you want to get (near) infinite orbs without requiring infinite magic (and feeling much more badass for doing so)...

No plot spoilers below.
There is a triple (double on easy) minotaur battle right after you kill the Medusa to receive Medusa's Gaze. In this area you have infinite magic (indeed it is the only area you will have infinite magic without the other trick). The minotaurs only stop spawning when you kill them while they are stoned. Poseidon's Rage can hit all three minotaur at once, and once upgraded you can empty your entire magic pool into a casting of Poseidon's Rage. A once upgraded Poseidon's Rage can inflict 1,000 hit combos, which reward you with 1400+ red orbs per trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

La Mulana is actually really good but I pity you for sitting through Deceased Crab's terrible videos.

You have no soul.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Playing Assassin's Creed 2, and this may be a stupid question but I have no idea how to start the DLC chapters. It is a little bit frustrating.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any advice for Just Cause 2? I am stuck on my Droid and the search hates me.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Going to request more information on King's Bounty. I downloaded the demo and... really, no tutorial? First combat I enter takes roughly 20 minutes?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The tutorial is right at the start of The Legend's demo. The AP demo expects you to know what you are doing already.

Ah, thank you. Thought that since I couldn't find The Legend's demo on Steam that AP was the first one. Time to go looking!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

Any tips on Culdcept Saga?

Prepare to rage. A lot.

You can grind out cards in custom matches if you'd like.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So, picked up Alpha Protocol. Is running as 'Rookie' my first time to unlock Veteran for my second playthrough a terrible idea? Also any other advice? I played through the first 'zone' using stealth/pistol (chain shot is crazy) but am considering doing Rookie now.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Sir Unimaginative posted:

you fool

Also: Alpha Protocol's Veteran is goddamn broken. You may in fact WANT Hard Mode on that run.

Well, that is definitely the plan. Veteran gives you 3 ranks in each skill, right? Can you then remove points and reassign them, because if so... wow.

Fake Edit: Chain shot is amazing if for no other reason than it is 100% accurate. I ran through Taipei (you're right, this will be short) and Chain Shot x5 and tranq darts is silly.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Anything for Bayonetta, beyond 'dodge and turn your brain off during the cutscenes?'

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jjaarreett posted:

Demon's Souls anyone? I made a knight, stumbled through 1-1, killed the Phalanx without too much trouble, started up 1-2 and well yeah. I couldn't really make it back to my bloodstain after that and ended up leaving. Now I seem to be stuck in "soul form". Any ideas on where to go next or should I just start over fresh?

The game really isn't designed to go 1-1 > 1-2. Try 1-1 > 2-1 > 2-2 > ???.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gerblyn posted:

I'm terrible at Demon Souls, so I can't offer much advice, except that being in Soul Form is pretty normal and really isn't anything to be worried about. Somewhere hidden in 1-1 is an item (a ring I think) that gives you a buff while in Soul Form, so you may want to run back and get it.

To add to other advice. If you can beat 4-1 (which will not be easy, but completely possible to do 1-1 > 4-1) 4-2 is one of the best places to grind souls. Get a bow and snipe the reaper, keep doing this until you feel comfortable with your character.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Capm posted:

Anyone have anything for Prinny: Can I really be the hero?

One big thing that you need to know is your attacks directly related to button presses. Hitting the button doesn't so much start an attack as it is an attack. Therefore (and this is really, really important for the last boss) if you press the button sixty times a second you will attack sixty times a second. Welcome to spamville!

Otherwise, enjoy!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Blastinus posted:

-Don't be afraid to use the crows as target practice. They usually have stuff on them that makes it worth your while.

Crows drop ammo, money, and herbs, while fish in the lake offer a massive health boost. Make sure to shoot a few in the lake when you get to it, as you can't pick up live fish and it will be awhile until you go back.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

Just Cause 2:
Upgrading weapons also upgrades the enemy weapons, too.

Seriously?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

It actually makes sense in a weird way. The majority of your weapons you're going to collect from fallen enemies because you dont get that much ammo and you cant just buy ammo. So it saves you from being pissed off when you have to drop your 6 star revolver for a 1 star pistol just because you have no ammo.

But they could have accomplished that by simply having your weapons be more powerful and not boosting the enemy's weapons. I'm not doubting you necessarily, but it simply seems like a terrible game design decision.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

4. There's no problem with hit detection in the game?

Isn't it huge boxes in Thief 1?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Centipeed posted:

I'm English, so that emoticon only works if you feel patriotic after exporting your domain name ideas to the Brits.

Well, you're already drinking deep of our culture. I'd say it's a victory.

Yes I know we've swallowed celebrity TV from you guys.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

unleash the unicorn posted:

Not sure if this is in tune with the "what should I know before I play this game" theme of this thread, but:

I keep running into a wall playing TW:Medieval II. I conquer a couple cities and so on, but then the armies I need to defend those cities eat up all my income and I can't afford another army to conquer things with. Any help?

Don't know about TW, but warfare in general has a pretty simple rule. Don't be on the defensive. Defense eats up money while giving the potential for safety, and allows potential aggressors to amass a force that will steamroll whatever defensive force you were able to keep at a point. Offensive is fluid, defensive is static.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I know someone posted (Non-Spoilery) hints for the new X-Com, but it isn't on the Wiki. Anyone care to direct me in the right directions?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I simply didn't want to be too terribly spoiled. So far it's been a lot of 'fun' running into each new Alien for the first time.

"Oh it's a C******er, what does he do? Oh M*** C******, balls."

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any advice for Dynasty Warrior 7 for PS3? I haven't played a DW game since 3 I suppose.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any tips for Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon for the Wii or The Sly Cooper Collection for PS3?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

S.H.I.V.'s were patched and now they work as-designed. They're brilliant mobile cover. Oh and a good pair of skills for Snipers is Squadsight and drat Good Ground. Put them somewhere atop a hill or building and watch them murder anything your team can see.

I am restarting and it's been awhile. Does drat Good Ground play well with Archangel Armor?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can take your time. Those kinds of moments have triggers for when you arrive, so you have a few moments to gently caress with things before they step into the room/hide in a good ambush spot.

Yes. Fair warning though, this one for some reason flipped out on my save. It autosaves when you trigger the event, but in my instance they both immediately ran for the secret room. No alarms, no bodies found, but they booked it as soon as the save would load.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Any tips for Rune Factory 4?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Bemis posted:

Crafting is king. Don't bother buying weapons or armor, they cost too much and you can always make a tier above whats for sale. Reinforcing is an easy way to get skill ups if you're low on materials.
Do all the festivals.
You can give NPCs equipment.
If you want an easy way to farm wood and stone, hit up the fields outside of town but don't till them. Tilling them stops weeds, stones and wood from spawning.
Remember where the rune plants/stones are. They're a quick and easy way to get back to full.

Thanks. Any "DO NOT SELL" items?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Bemis posted:

All your money really comes from farming.
You always have plenty of space in your storage for materials, so I wouldn't sell those unless I felt like it.
Some enemies are immune to damage (fire/dark/etc) so it pays to have an alternate weapon or 2.
I wouldn't sell any magic spells I planned on using, especially healing ones.

Will the tutorial teach me how to uproot stumps and break big rocks/materials, or should I be able to do that by day 2?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

Anyone have anything for the Knights of Pen and Paper +1? I keep getting stuck and having to grind monsters forever. :(

That's pretty much the trick.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I swear there was stuff for Spelunky but the wiki says no.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
For Rogue Legacy I have to add one critical piece of advice.

Play with a controller by god the keyboard layout will kill you so often.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Anything for Sequence? It seems really grindy and I don't want to desynch anything if it'll bite me in the rear end on later floors.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Deadpool for XBox 360. Anything I should know?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

TheRagamuffin posted:

I really hate when games wait until the end to let you know if you failed this kind of achievement or not. Dishonored was really bad about it, too. Civilian randomly meets a swarm of rats while you're in the area? Too bad, sucker.

That's not the case at all. If you knock out the civilian then yes you'll register for the kill. But if they're walking and not placed there by you it won't register as your kill.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

The topic of GFWL came up in the 'things dragging this game down' thread, which reminded me of a question I'm going to ask here, for lack of a better place:

What should I know before buying Viva Piņata for the first time (for PC)? Will it even still work? Is there some sort of patch I'd need to get or something?

Pinata's are asexual beings that reproduce sexually and have no qualms about coupling parent to child.

Go nuts.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Mario Kart 8?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

Or do if your dream is to be a town guard. Oh ok something actually helpful now.

Buy the transmute spell.
Then buy iron ore, use transmute and it will become silver ore, use transmute again and it will become gold ore. Now turn it into gold bars at a smelter and use the gold bars to make lovely jewelry. Use lovely soul gems to enchant it and then sell the lovely jewelry and buy more iron ore. By doing that loop you can raise speech, smithing, enchanting and i think alteration. Assuming I remember everything correctly. It's a bit of a slow process but I feel worth the effort put in.

Or... you can use console commands, set your smithing, enchanting, and alteration to whatever level you feel comfortable with, and skip tedious grinding that does nothing but increase your numbers. Take the time you saved and go walk on a treadmill to lower other numbers.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

chairface posted:

Kingmaker was totally forgettable and may well still be available on sites with downloadable campaigns anyway.

For whoever's looking at playing NWN for the first time, here's my build recommendation for the lackluster original campaign:

Rogue/Ranger/Wizard. You're really only dipping ranger for the two-weapon fighting, ambidexterity and martial weapon proficiency so you can snag exotic weapon proficiency and dual-wield kukris. Similarly having any wizard levels at all opens up some side-quests that are "spellcaster only" but give no fucks how good (or not) you are at spellcasting. The OC also has a lovely built-in crafting subgame that's only for "spellcasters" regardless of ability. Otherwise, rogue is probably the single most broken class in 3.0/3.5 D&D *and* NWN extra-breaks it by making sneak attack damage multiply on a crit (it shouldn't) which means kukris are *THE* rogue weapon to have. Take the cleric as your henchman and pretty much all the bases are covered.

Doesn't the base campaign have a metric effton of crit immune enemies?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Anything for Hyrule Warriors? The thread is very, very confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Hog Inspector posted:

and for the love of god don't go for no kill, ghost, and mostly flesh and steel in the same run

No-kill & Ghost are doable if you get the fast choke charm early, doing all three at once is a no go.