Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

theshim posted:

Anything for Cosmic Star Heroine?

It's a Zeboyd game, so status effect stuff actually works and matters. As does paying attention to the action orders. Items are per battle, so feel free to use them.

Also there's no "normal", the four difficulty modes are easy, easier-medium, harder-medium and hard. With hard needing you to totally master and abuse all the quirks of the system (don't go for hard if it's your first Zeboyd game).

Get used to having your team given to you buy the game, it's to make you try out all the different character style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

I would use it to confirm that features I already find annoying within two hours keep being a problem, if that kind of thing was mentioned more often. Reviews tend to focus on all the wrong stuff for what I actually want to know, so sometimes a simple "if you already do not like X from the start, it will not get better" can make all the difference and save me a tenner.

It's no big deal, though.

I do the same - if I'm thinking of getting a game but I'm not 100% sold on it, will check the wiki to see if there's any that makes me go "I don't want to deal with that"
The sort of things normally covered generally do the trick and I haven't run into "wish it covered this..." issues so current scope seems good

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Minidust posted:

Not technically a "before" I play question, as I'm many hours into the game, but -

Final Fantasy X (remaster on PS4), is there a point where I get to freely backtrack? I'm starting to hit what appears to be optional sidequests and dungeons and such (Calm Lands, just beat Defender X). There hasn't been a traditional world map to navigate up to this point, so I'm wondering if I'll get to to check this stuff out later if I just push the main story forward now.

Yes - you end up being able to freely travel (outside of a few one-time only locations). But some locations have optional super-bosses in the way on return - which may be new if you never played the PAL/International/Remasters editions before.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Some stuff for 40K: Rogue Trader:

-The game lets you inspect enemies for their stats/ablities in combat and generally expects you to do this to plan your actions (specially if you're not familiar with the game style/Owlcat games)
-There are side events where you have to make choices - with linked skill checks/costs and rewards/penalties. You can ask your crew for advice - which generally will alter some or all of the check difficult/costs and rewards/penalties vs if you pick an choice without asking. Sometimes the changes are for the better, sometimes not. You can also turn off the tooltip that shows you the rewards/penalties before you pick a choice - if that's your style.
-There are some envriomental hazzards in maps, that can cause damage/injury debuffs to characters in real time movement. Generally the best wayto navigate around the hazzards is to unlink your party (so they don't all move as a group) and move people through a character at at a time.

One might be a bit too far out in the game but:
-In chapter 3, some of party members can get a "perm" stat debuff due to story events. These can be removed on a per-character-basis, in chapter 3 via side quests, but if you advance past the chapter those stat debuffs are there for good.

EDIT:
Fair, I started playing, took a break and then binged a load. So probably forgot a bunch of the UI hints and internalised them wrong way
VVVV

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 2, 2024