Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
DQ3 (the GBC rerelease especially) is a beautiful little game, portable, and the last DQ game to give you real control over your party. I love it so.

Also, because I've got nothing better to do...

Dragon Quest 3
-Everyone should be female. Always. They have access to better personalities and exclusive gear.
-Sexy is, nine times out of ten, the single best personality in the game. And with the few characters it isn't (mostly just Warriors), Amazon usually is. Both are female-exclusive.
-Bring a Cleric and a Mage for your first game. Your last slot should be either a Fighter, a Warrior, or a Dealer. You'll need a Dealer later on, so if you don't want to have to grind someone up, go with a Dealer. It's not a terribly huge issue, though, so don't feel obligated.
-NEVER use a Jester in your starting party. They can turn into something much better in late-game, but don't use them until you feel you can reliably grind them up to level 20.
-You get the opportunity later on to change any character's class. This resets them to level 1, and halves their stats. If you're :sperg: enough to meticulously plan it out, it can result in some ridiculously powerful characters, but otherwise, you probably shouldn't bother.
-Going with fewer party members (or even solo) is a completely legitimate strategy, though somewhat more dangerous than having a full party.
-Don't be afraid to A) grind or B) use magic during normal fights. Inns are ridiculously cheap.

Magicka
-Play with some buddies, you lose out on a lot if you play it solo.
-Don't try to use electricity magic when you're wet. Put yourself out with a self-cast (middle click) fire first. The opposite applies, as well, but generally speaking, being wet is much more dangerous than being on fire.
-Self-casting shield gives you a barrier that prevents all magic (friendly and otherwise) from getting in. Use it wisely.
-Beams (Arcane) are amazing. Just don't cross the streams (unless you're being very careful to all use the same elements, in which case, cross away.)
-Elements combine in interesting ways. Try things out.
-A combination that's worthless when cast one way can become absolutely gamebreaking when cast another.
-Earth (x3) + Cold + Shield can buy you some time to think.
-When you're low on health, spam Earth + Life and middle click.
-You will meet a large, fast enemy type late game who will chase you down and insta-kill you. Use water, then cold to freeze them solid, then use Speed and run like hell.

Just Cause 2
-Play on Normal or Casual. Any harder, and the game will quickly become frustrating bullshit.
-Never buy what you can steal. Unless you've modded in free Black Market or Infinite Funds. In that case, knock yourself out.
-Don't bother scouring every village and base for 100% of every item. There's far more upgrade parts and money than you'll ever need, anyways.

Terraria
-Listen to what the Guide has to say.
-If you click "Crafting" when you talk to him, and drag a Material item into the blank slot, he'll show you everything you can make with that item, and the required materials. This is a godsend. Be sure to exploit it for all it's worth.
-Get a piggy bank as soon as you can afford one, and carry it with you everywhere. It keeps your money safe, and provides 20 inventory slots for the price of one.
-Every piggy bank on every world links to the same 20 slots. This is useful for transferring things between servers and giving yourself access to certain items from anywhere, but it also means that carrying 100 pigs will give you no more inventory space than 1.
-When you're underwater, don't forget to breathe. You don't make any special noise when you start to drown, and it's very easy to accidentally kill yourself by not noticing when you've run out of air.
-Don't be ashamed to "waste" resources like metal. Even a Small world has more stuff in it than a single player will probably ever use. And worst-case scenario, you just start a new world, and strip-mine that, too.
-This isn't Minecraft, Gold is the best equipment you can get for a while.
-Chests often have really cool stuff, don't neglect searching caves for them.
-Hammer breaks background objects, and dirt walls have to be broken from outside-in.
-As soon as you find some Mushroom Grass seeds, build yourself an extensive underground mushroom farm. Glowing Mushrooms heal 50 HP a pop, are a key ingredient in upgrading potions, and are dime-a-dozen once you get a good farm set up.
-Don't eat regular mushrooms (Heal 20 HP), combine them with bottles (Sand -> Glass - > Bottle at a furnace) and gel to make healing potions (Heal 100 HP)
-Once you're strong enough, collect Fallen Stars at night. Combining ten of them nets you a Mana Crystal, which boosts Maxiumum MP by 20. (This is the only way to increase max MP.)
-The HP equivalent are only found underground.
-Angel Statues really are worthless.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lord Banana posted:

No, you can find these anywhere once you hit the underground caves.
Fixed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've been playing the poo poo out of Frozen Synapse the last couple days, so I have some tips that might help you not get roflstomped. Since all the maps are randomly generated, it's difficult to provide specific tips.

General Tips
* Go through the tutorial. Then play a couple skirmishes to get used to how things work.
* Use and abuse the preview function. If you can, try to predict your opponent's moves, and see how the resulting firefights will turn out.
* Don't move unnecessarily. Stationary units have faster reactions than moving units.
* Aiming doesn't count as moving. Spin in place all you want, as long as you're facing the right way when the enemy pops out.
* Ducking makes you move slower, but it also allows you to hide completely behind short cover. This is especially useful if you need to pop out, and kill a guy, then pop back down before his buddies can fire back. It may also make you aim better and/or harder to hit, but I'm not certain.
* Cover is your friend.
* You know all that poo poo they do in the movies like have several people enter a house at the same time, cover each other, etc? Do that.
* Don't forget to cancel aim before you move again, or your guys will happily charge through the door into the enemy rear end-first.
* Never assume you will win an equal engagement. (Rifleman vs Rifleman, Shotgunner vs. Shotgunner, etc.) Always find some kind of advantage, if you can.

Rifleman
* Your bread-and-butter. Treat them well, in the right hands they can be deadly.
* Riflemen are the only unit that should ever Engage-On-Sight advance through the open, and even then, only when necessary.
* A Rifleman who is behind cover will live several times longer than one who is not.
* You can beat Shotgunners at range, but if you're both moving, he will turn you into cheese before you can even look at him.
* The effective range of a machine gun is both surprisingly long, and disappointingly short.
* If you even think your opponent might have a Shotgunner in a building, stay the hell out.

Shotgunner
* You move and aim faster than Riflemen, but your effective range is much shorter. You will be cut down at anything greater than about ten feet.
* Hit and run. Pop and drop.
* Stay indoors or behind cover if you can. Open terrain is just asking to get blindsided by a Rifleman.
* When you do move through the open (it happens), make sure you're standing, and set to Continue on Sight until you're indoors again. Anything less will get you murdered.
* Generally speaking, in close-quarters, you have the advantage over riflemen, but if you're moving, and he's not, it's still a gamble, so be careful.

Grenadier
* When you're ducking, your grenades will go over short cover. When you're standing, they'll bounce off of it.
* If your grenadier isn't ducking, you're doing it wrong.
* Pop a grenade through a short-cover window into a house, watch everyone inside flee into the open or turn to smears.
* Your grenades can also be used for area denial. There's no friendly fire, so get creative.
* You have no direct defense against Shotgunners or Riflemen, so stay out of their ways.
* You having a grenadier means your opponent does, too. Try to avoid confined spaces, or grouping your guys too close together.

Rocketeer
* You have the unique ability to destroy cover.
* When you're ducking, you can also hit short cover. Many people don't know this.
* Don't be afraid to crack open the wall of a building your opponent's hiding in. It'll deny him cover, and you might just get lucky and take someone out in the blast.
* Keep near short cover, but stay the hell away from full walls, unless you want to get blown the hell up.
* Duck behind cover, pop up, fire, and duck again. There is literally no advantage to keeping your rear end hanging out in the open.

Dark Elimination
* These tips also hold for other game types, but since Dark Elimination is the most-played by far, they're under this section. :dealwithit:
* Never have anyone move alone into a building unless you're absolutely certain you know where the enemy is.
* If you don't know where an enemy unit is, always assume the worst.
* If you can't see an enemy at this very moment, you don't know where he is. Even if you saw him 0.2 seconds ago.
* It is very possible to take out an entire team with one guy. Never give up, and never get cocky.
* After about 6-8 turns, the game will end, awarding victory to whoever has the most guys left. Turtling is effective, but no one will ever play with you again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can I get some tips on the Monster Rancher series? (I've been told MR Advance 2 is a good place to start, but if anyone has another game they think is better...)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

http://forums.stardock.com/313459 Tips.

Every planet you don't colonize will get taken and then your neighbor will be close enough to attack from there at some point. Try to keep a buffer zone so only your developing planets are threatened and your core is still productive in case of invasion.
Also, build ship defenses in square numbers. (1, 4, 9, etc.) Defenses are worth their square root against other types of weapons, and IIRC the game doesn't like to round in the player's favor. Usually, if you're going to add off-defenses, it's best to just have 1. (IE, if you're expecting lots of lasers, have 4 laser defense, and 1 missile and gun defense each.)

Big ships are the definition of Win-More. If you're not winning, they won't help you because by the time the ship is finished, it'll be two tech levels out of date. If you are winning, then you don't need it. Just go for a lot of small, cheap, fragile ships, up Logistics, and throw them at the enemy en masse. Think less "Star Destroyer", and more "swarm of hornets". The only exception is if you need something really big RIGHT NOW and have the money to buy the ship outright. Do note, hoever, that the Arcean's racial ability to always strike first will either be incredibly useful (if you're playing as them) or the bane of your existence (if you're fighting against them).

Relatedly, invest in ships that buff other ships in the squad. These turn "swarms of hornets" into "swarms of even deadlier hornets". Same deal with military starbases.

Make sure you can beat your own ships. There's an uncommon, but incredibly painful random event where a significant portion of your planets and ships are stolen either by pirates or rebels (depending on if you're good or evil) and if you don't have the technology and equipment to kill what were once your own ships easily, this can get very painful very quickly.

If you make a treaty with someone, don't back out of it. No one will ever trust you again.

Neutral is the best alignment, period. The benefits you get from it from Xeno Ethics are absolutely mind-blowing, and you don't risk pissing off half the galaxy like Good and Evil do. Feel free to use one of the others, if you want, but know that you're handicapping yourself.

There are two "sustainable" methods of income. Taxes, and trade. The happier and higher you can keep your populations, the more the former pays off. The latter should always be exploited for all it's worth. Several people have already gone into specifics on it.

The game loves to gently caress with random events. They're not actually random at all, they're picked by what will cause the most interesting game, in the "may you have an interesting life" sort of way.

The AI has no idea how to gauge the worth of a good military. It's always a sheer numbers game. This means that they'll often put much more stock into a large army of lovely tissue-paper fighters than a half-dozen floating star-destroying kill machines. (Ironically, they're usually right.)

The larger the galaxy, and the longer the game, the more useful Terror Stars are, if for nothing else than turning worthless solar systems into valuable, exploitable asteroid fields.

The strongest "fair" AI difficulty is Intelligent/Tough. Higher than that, and the game just starts stacking increasingly unfair bonuses on them.

The AI at full strength is really good at strategy, but really poo poo at tactics.

EDIT: The boring-but-practical technologies are Logistics (more ships in a fleet), Miniaturization (fit more equipment/weapons on your ships), and Trade (afford better ships). The best racial bonus is Creativity.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 16, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Do you really need to add protection for all three types?
No, but you can exploit the damage calculation system if you do. It's not required by any means, just useful for getting a bit of cheap extra OOMPH out of your defenses, if you need it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just picked up X3: Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude for the deal because it was $5, and I've heard it's basically single-player EVE meets Elite for the modern age. It is also mindbogglingly vast. Help? Which background should I start as, how far should I follow the plot (if at all), what types of ships are good for what, etc?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 26, 2011

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gerblyn posted:

One last quick question, are there Bobble Heads in this game? Just wondering if I should cap my SPECIAL at 9 instead of 10.
No bobbleheads, but there are a few ways to improve certain stats (implants, mostly).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ddraig posted:

Eternal Sonata has a 20 minute death scene where the victim bemoans how useless she is and how she deserves to die while actually dying.

A fun game is to see how long you can last before you start agreeing with her. I made it about 5 minutes.
:psyduck: Tell me you're making this up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Any tips for Space Marine?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm totally loving the Power Axe, though. Doesn't take any extra slots, longer combo than the chainsword, etc. Is there a way to replace the weapon in slot 4 with one of the slot 3 weapons? Meltagun + Lascannon would be amazing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Am I somehow a multiplayer god at Space Marine, or does everyone online just suck? I keep topping the score charts with the basic Heavy Bolter set-up, and even with just the regular Bolter, my only weakness is that I'm kinda crap at melee.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Any tips for Sequence? Fun little game, so far. Great sense of humor, too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The drop rates are way too low IMO. It's like the developer thought "Oh, 33% chance means they'll get one every 3 battles!".
But... that's exactly what it means. :psyduck:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gils posted:

But on average, you'll see your first drop in 3 battles. That's also how statistics work.
Exactly. You could also have three fights, and get the item every time. On average, though, you're getting it once every three fights. The largest deviations come from either very small sample sizes, or very large ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

Barrier should always be in your spell list.
Yeah, I'm playing on hard, and I learned that very, very quickly.

quote:

Always have your most powerful spells equipped.
Currently on Floor 3 with Tempest, Fallout, Barrier, and Soothe. That a decent setup for the boss?

quote:

You might want to make the Inhibitors as soon as possible every floor, but don't. It's actually better to do a few battles to get used to whatever the gimmick is so when you unlock the door you won't be blindsided and get the crap beaten out of you.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the tips.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is that fight where you get ambushed by the seventh guardian on Floor 4 winnable? I was flailing about with the BPM and my retarded gimmick set-up I had at the time, and never really got a chance to get into the groove of things. If it IS winnable, I'm wondering if it's worth it to go back and start over, or to wait for another swing on a New Game+, if that's an option.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

(Also gently caress that achievement for winning a song with less than one second remaining).
I've come very close on accident sometimes. I think what I'll do is chase down that really fragile orb with the huge BPM (or some fight with a really short time limit), and try to time a Trigger + Big Hit just right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Major Ryan posted:

Actually I think that's a third thing - Ikaruga is bloody hard, so don't feel bad about playing on easy with tonnes of lives/credits until you've got the hang of it.
This holds true for most games, but especially this one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Astfgl posted:

I'm in a Civ 4 multiplayer match right now and I know my buddy is going to attack me soon, but we're in an ostensible alliance. If I convince another civ to attack him, will he know it was me?
I don't think so, though they may let it slip that someone paid them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Polite Tim posted:

Anything I should know about with Twilight Princess or is it fairly self explanitory? Specifically looking for warnings about frustrating moments, i've just beaten the second dungeon
There is, or was, a certain point where, if you save after a bridge is destroyed, but before you cross into the Twilight, you'll be unable to continue the game. It's fixed in certain versions of the game, but not others.

Once you find the Cave of Ordeals, you'll be able to go a little deeper after each dungeon. It's up to you if you want to go down after every time to get the new reward, or just wait until right before the end, and dive down the whole thing at once. The final reward is very worth it, either way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PRL412 posted:

As for general tips, this is off the top of my head:
This made me finally pick this game up and give it a go. There are a couple missions where the Velocprey respawn infinitely, but I can never seem to carve them before I get a set of claws in the back of my head. Am I doing it wrong, or is there a later point that's better for grinding them?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PRL412 posted:

To answer your question, take advantage of their slow turn speed. Run a lap around them if it means the difference between getting that last claw or being bitten on the rear end. Seriously, those small guys can't turn worth a drat, so watch them hop around in circles.
The problem isn't killing them (but thanks for the tip) it's that I can't get my loot without getting gangraped by their buddies, or those goddamn giant wasp things.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Always keep low-cost items about. If only to make sure you aren't caught short by a request.
Oh, definitely this. When a little girl walks in and asks you if you have a hat, and the only one you've got in stock is worth more than she is, you're in a bit of a pickle. I also agree with the "sell low-ish, build up your EXP and combo" tip, definitely. On that note, you will quickly come to hate a certain individual, who tries to pawn things off on you at ridiculous prices. Every once in a great while, it's actually worth what she wants, but unless you're going for 100% completion, she really only exists to kill either your combo or your wallet.

A lot of these tips are already on the wiki, and it's been a while since I played, but...

You should probably reserve one day a week or so to running errands and/or stocking up on supplies. It's much easier to get your shopping done all at once, because it doesn't matter how much you buy from one location, each visit takes the same amount of time. I like to use Wednesday, because you're not dirt-poor from paying off the loan, but you have a couple days to turn over what you've bought.

If you plan to go dungeon-crawling, just stick with Louie for your first time. It's quite possible to unlock and gear up the others, but if you don't know what you're doing, you can easily spend too long messing around, and forget you're still 30% short on your debt on the last day.

If you ARE using Louie on a regular basis, it's quite acceptable to sell things to him at a small loss if they're better than what he's currently got.

There are a lot of random events in the middle of town that you can miss. If you don't wanna use a guide, don't worry about them too much, but don't be afraid to wander around a bit on your shopping day once you're finished. That's why you closed!

It's quite possible to make every deadline on your first playthrough, but if you miss one, you get a sort of pseudo-New Game+ restart, keeping your stock and upgrades. Personally, I think it makes the game piss-easy, though.

How many saves you have running at once is personal preference, but definitely make sure it's more than one. Keep one at the start of the week, in case things go tits-up in the middle, so you can give it another go.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Mar 11, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Is Faerie Solitare really all about luck and not being a retard about your combos? Is there deeper strategy that I'm missing?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Chief Savage Man posted:

I like to put tar and clockwork maces in any space that is that width. Two in quick succession will kill just about anything, including ogres if you freeze them while they in are in the hit zone.
The best set-up only takes one mace.

|B B T|
|T T T|
|T B B|

If that's your 3-wide corridor with a low ceiling, put barricades and tar as shown, then one swinging mace under the row of tar. Placing arrow traps on the walls, and a fire-spewer at the exit is unnecessary, but fun. Sappers will blow through the barricades, though, so keep an eye out for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tips for Mass Effect 3:
-For your first time through, play Soldier, Sentinel, or Infiltrator. Biotic powers are actually quite worthwhile now, but so is shooting things.

-Don't feel bound to the types of weapons you were using in the first two games. Wanna play an Infiltrator with a shotgun and an SMG? Go for it. How about a Sentinel with an assault rifle and a shotgun-pistol? Sure! Use the shooting range on the Citadel to get the hang of your new gear.

-Some guns can only be found on missions and are missable, so look around!

-Complete armor sets (the ones that cost 50000) have kinda crappy stats. Don't bother, unless you like the look.

-Do every sidequest you get before doing the next "Priority:" mission. The exception is Eden Prime, which is the mission for the DLC character.

-When given the choice between betraying your old friend, and getting the support of the other race, stick with your buddy. You can get the other guys' support anyways later on. If I had to tell you that for you to make that decision, you're an rear end in a top hat.

-It IS possible to make the warring races near the middle of the game get along, but if you didn't do the loyalty missions for the two squadmates involved in ME2, or got one of them exiled, you won't be able to do it. If you don't manage it, know that at least one of them will die.

-They make it fairly clear when you're about to go on the point of no return mission, but for the sake of it, it's a place called Cronos Station.

-Just turn off the game when you get to the bit with the white light and the elevator (you'll know it when you see it). Anything you can imagine will be better and provide more closure than what's actually going to happen.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 25, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gynovore posted:

It's worth pointing out that the only thing exp does is give you aug upgrades. So, if you take upgrades for the sole purpose of gaining xp, you're gimping yourself in the long run.
:goonsay:

Someone's never heard of an investment. :eng101: Seriously, you get way more XP from even moderate use of the double-takedown Aug than it costs, and It's incredibly useful.

Edit: Don't mind me, I'm retarded.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 28, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xander77 posted:

One last Human Revolution question for a while (shame the thread is dead). I got into the habit of knocking out cops n the street and selling their combat rifles at 630 credits each. As long as I don't get spotted and rushed by a bunch of enforcers, this won't be coming back to haunt me, right?
Not that I've seen.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Regarding enemies waking other enemies, I've found that in a few situations, it's actually beneficial to tranq a mook when he's in plain sight--a buddy of his (whose patrol route makes it difficult for you to snipe him) will see the body and leave his route to investigate, giving you a clear shot at him. Bonus points if buddy #2's body falls onto buddy #1's in an undignified position.
It's rarely worth the loss of the (500 XP!) Ghost bonus, though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quarex posted:

Also the Foxiest of the Hounds achievement can go to hell. I had no difficulty doing a non-lethal playthrough, and I am positive I never encountered an active alarm in the entire game, but clearly somewhere along the line a guard activated a silent alarm under a desk or something since I did not get it when the game ended. Jerks.
It may have happened in the police station. From what I hear, the alarms in that place may be a bit buggy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GulMadred posted:

The Circle of Eight mod adds a lot of content. Saved games are not portable between the regular game and the modded version, so you may want to install that before you sink a dozen hours into the game and start running into buggy or unfinished material. The Co8 stuff is linked (along with a lot of helpful suggestions) on the wiki page.

TOEE isn't a character-driven story. Every NPC can be killed, and you're not going to become personally invested in any of their stories. You might not remember the names of the characters in your party. You won't discover even a quarter of the sidequests during your first playthrough unless you're obsessive, and the rewards are so inconsequential that you won't complete those sidequests unless you're masochistic. It's all about building a well-rounded (or, in subsequent playthroughs, hilariously gimmicky) party and then beating down everything that the game can throw at you.
To add onto this, the game is kind of a dick, so don't feel guilty about playing a slightly broken (but balanced) party.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Palleon posted:

and then hit a certain button combination in a cutscene that you will not do by accident
I was okay with everything up to this point. That's not "hard but doable" any more, it's "haha you have to buy our guide for $19.99". Which is quickly outclassed by a single visit to GameFAQs, but still.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution stuff that should be on the wiki:
Gonna agree with everything except that last one. Fortify is garbage. Just get the augs that reduce your detection chance if you're that worried.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poacher.

* You'll get a way to hunt down whatever secrets you're missing right before the end.

* Don't bother grinding money, you'll have way more than enough by the end.

* Your first two purchases from the shop should be the one that lets you trade in grenades for health and one that makes money drawn to you, in that order. After that, get the max health and grenade ups. Everything else is kind of secondary.

* Once you're set loose, start at the oil rig for swimming, then the forest for the double jump, then up to the mines. This is the fastest way to get the underwater/double damage shot. It's as useful as it sounds, and attempting to do the underwater section without it is hell. Save the dark caves for absolutely last.

* It's not explicitly stated, but you can touch the guys in the dark caves without getting hurt as long as your light is off. Walk where they walk, it's guaranteed to be safe, but pay careful attention to where they turn around. It's either a wall, or a pit. Don't jump around in the dark, either, there's a lot of spiky ceilings.

* The Bad Ending tells you how to get the Good Ending, and the Good Ending hints at how to get the Secret Ending. Don't overthink it.

* Yes, the secret boss is that hard.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 17, 2012

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dragonrah posted:

I've never heard of this. What is it?
A Metroidvania by the Zero Punctuation guy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Internet Friend posted:

I would change your second tip to "You can't solve every puzzle until New Game +" because the way it's worded now gives away the solution.
That is not helpful in the least. "Can I solve this puzzle? Do I have to wait? Is it required? HOW DO I KNOW!? :psyboom:"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xander77 posted:

You just made a huge post that consists off "to defeat the bunny boss, shoot it until it dies. Also, don't get hit". You may not be the best authority on writing advice.
...point taken, I'll go slim that poo poo down.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anything for Legend of Grimrock? Specifically, assuming I'm making my own characters, and playing Old School (draw-your-own-maps)?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ChetReckless posted:

:words:
Thanks a lot. That second-to-last tip, especially, saved me from what I thought was an inescapable trap.

Any good spoiler-free info on what stats are good for what? Or how the basic combat math works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ChetReckless posted:

Early in the dungeon you may find a bone necklace that doesn't seem to do anything, but hang on to that, too.
Yeah, that thing just kinda screams "plot token". Thanks again for all the help. I ended up starting with a human Sword/Armor Fighter with high STR and DEX, a Minotaur Mace Fighter, with as much Vit and HP as I could stuff into his gob, a Lizardman Thief specializing in throwing, and a thri-kreen Insectoid Mage with 22 starting Willpower.

Does this game have a thread yet?