Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Earthbound (I actually started playing this game the first time ever)
-You DO have to grind a bit on the purple guys before you take on the first boss. Level 8 at least for your big damage PSI ability, level 10 for an even easier time. Just spam that ability as much as you can on the boss.

This was the one thing that prevented me from enjoying the game at all. Just the insane difficulty of that one guy. After that, it's easy.
edit: If anyone is going to post something along the lines of beating the dude at level 2 or something, this is for a normal player heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Keyboard Kid posted:

Are you talking about Frank and his robot? You can win easily at level four or five or so, using PSI Lifeup/items. If you're talking about the first sanctuary boss, you should easily hit a good level without grinding.

Like I said, I know there was going to be *SOMEONE* who was going to say this exactly, but that fight was the main turnoff for me in the previous three attempts over the years to play the game. I remember going into healing attrition where I had to heal to live and maybe two or three shots in between, but I had no where enough Psi to kill the robot. The Psi SATAN! (my favorite word) spell turned that fight mega easy and introduced me to a good game.

Now I went through the two next cities with no problem, but am at the point where I am getting my rear end handed by the five moles to pay off the band. I am now grinding myself up in preparation for that.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

theblackw0lf posted:

I'm finally getting around to playing Shadow of the Collosus. Anything I should know before getting into it?

Actually I'm on the first Collosus and keep falling off. I suck :(

You grab onto fur with the right shoulder button, but you should already know that since you had to climb vegatation.

Other tips is that there are different kinds of drain on stamina depending where and how you are holding on. If you are grabbing on a level piece of giant and he is not moving around, your stamina will not move. If you are grabbing unto the wings of a bird and hanging upside down, your stamina will drain really fast.

To regain stamina, stand up on the above mentioned leveled areas or a place it is really hard to fall off (Second Boss: Good example because the shell structure on his back forms as a sort of playpen. You can stay in there and be tossed around forever but you will still gain strength

Jump and hit the same button to grab to quick mount the horse from the side.

Oh, big one. The horse is smart. If you come across a twisty bridge or complicated path that isn't too sharp, don't touch the controls and just keep holding down the run button. It will auto-navigate. This is a godsend since you will, half the time, have to run across that bridge near the temple for half of the gods.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Anything I should know about Ico? The PS3 remaster if that changes anything

Without trying to spoil, there are shadow enemies that drag people into holes that appear when combat starts. A successful abduction is a game over. Instead of chasing these enemies all around, stand next to these holes while fighting. You can them immediately rescue the victims instead of hoping you can reach the abductee in time.

edit: literally, i hated the game until I figured that out.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

PRL412 posted:

Wow, no page for Destiny 2 yet? I swear this was covered recently.

-Pick a class based on the super move and the class abilities. (Titan = tanky shield and deployable cover, Hunter = nimble bo staff and dodge move, Warlock = Sith on the loose and team buffs)
-Do the story first. You're at a disadvantage in the Crucible until you've fully upgraded a subclass. (Hunter class almost requires the Dodge ability)
-The sub-classes can all be unlocked in one play through, but you'll need a new character to change your main class. You'll have enough points to upgrade them all too, so get what you want.
-You'll find better gear until Level 250, and then the hard cap sets in until you buy an expansion. (I believe Forsaken currently goes up to Level 600.)
-If you want to play long term, join a clan and pick up all the expansions.

I'll also add that it was announced recently (today?) That if you buy the forsaken expansion on or after October you'll get the previous two dlc for free.

If you already bought forsaken you'll get extra dumb stuff so if dude can wait for a couple days he probably just be reaching 250 and then pick up all the expansions.