Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wipeout HD: When the track curves/leans it DOES affect your turning
just like in a car. It's kind of counter intuitive because you're in a hovercraft but it do what it do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Other things to know before playing MGS4

- Have something to do while it installs, especially the first one.
- Snakes ciggarettes actually have a use in this game, he has a stress meter that refills when he lights up. Plus he looks cool.
- Chaff grenades are extremely rare and valuable now
- Try messing with the D-pad during the games "intro". Also smoke pot before the intro starts.

edit:

Can anyone do one of these for me on MGS: Portable ops? So far I've only played the Peace Walker demo and I thought that was loving awesome, but I've read the controls in PO aren't as good, but then every review says it's a must have. I'll probably be buying it anyway if the playstation store and Media Go ever decide they actually want my money

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 31, 2009

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Anonymaus posted:

MW2

When in doubt , Flashbang. It also serves as a panic button.

The following builds are recommended if you die a lot (not in any order)
OMA Tuber
Scavenger Tuber with RPG/Thumper/AT4
Care Package Marker Knifer (Hold the Marker , don't throw)

Cold Blooded is a lifesaver even if you do not intend to camp , being invisible to Predator/Choppers/Airstrikes is priceless.

The hardest weapon to use is the shield. Do not even think of using it in pub matches. Even in Terminal and organized matches think long and hard.

1) I think it'd be more help to get more specific about the builds, people just starting out aren't going to understand those.

2) I wouldn't say the shield is particularly hard to use. It's difficult to get a good kill/death ratio and takes a completely different approach to how you're playing, but as long as you understand you're just a distraction and a bullet sponge it's easy to start helping your team out as a shield guy.

I guess here's my shield tips for first timers

- Obviously you'll want to tailor your perks towards movement and/or melee
- Stare directly at whoever is shooting at you
- Crouch to cover your feet
- You're still going to die so focus on being a pointman for groups of people and drawing fire instead of running around trying to shield bash people
- The shield protects your back when you've got your secondary weapon out.

Really the biggest help you can give your team as a shield person is exposing enemies by having them shoot at you and tying up/distracting enemies who end up right in front of you and have to spend time figuring out what they're going to do to kill you. Really at this point in time most people have a go-to strategy when they end up face to face with a shield guy, but on the plus side most of them are going to assume you're about to charge at them.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 8, 2010

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Assassins Creed 2, keeping in mind I've never even touched the first game. I played up to opening up the second city in Italy so far.

I'd like to know if this game ever gets more "hitman"-ish, with more of a "hey there's a guy here who needs killing and he happens to hang out in this weird place...have fun!" style. Like I get a big kick out of games that will let you do things like study the guards routes, spy on the compound from a distance and then let you concoct your own retarded mission impossible plans to make that guy end up dead and leave everyone scratching their heads on how it happened.

Some thoughts so far:

- The whole Abstergo/Animus thing seems like a weird justification for having neato UI and in-game displays. I'm sure it's more fleshed out and explained in the first game but the way they rush through the intro doesn't help. I sure as poo poo don't understand any of it, but I'm also no good at keeping track of these kind of high-production game plots OR stock ancient conspiracy plots anyway.

- The only real fun I've found in the whole thing so far is climbing and running around on the rooftops. Everything else seems kind of annoying in comparison. I really don't like walking around on the streets.

- I like the idea of having a home city/villa for upgrading and the dress-up options. Do you ever get your speed/jump distance upgraded?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Tekken 6? Including online?

Bought it on a whim since it was cheap and I'm getting back into fighting games lately. I like the idea of customizing your dude but everything seems so expensive I'd have to play a billion times to get a hat.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've actually got a stick I bought for mvc3 and third strike online, but thank ye. Are there any particular characters that have good strike "catch" moves like Jin had in T3? I don't really know how to describe it other than it being the same thing as DOA where you catch incoming strikes and turn them into a throw.

So far I've just been scrubbin it up with steve fox and eddy gordo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I also started Mount and Blade recently....I have the right to rule and I'm working on becoming famous......but it seems like every town/elder I go to doesn't have anything to do, most lords don't have anything to do, the ones that do are often giving me quests that are above my level (Hey go meet a spy in the capital city of the place we're warring with). The guildmasters give me piddly 300 dollar quests that won't cover a week of my army's expenses.

What's a guy to do other than sacking the poo poo out of towns when we're at war?

Is there a better thread for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Bought Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (the newer criterion one) used recently...is there still an online audience for this game? Anything I should know beforehand?