Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Sonance posted:

Don't be afraid to spend money restoring Monteriggioni. The sooner you start restoring it, the sooner it starts pumping out extra cash for you to collect and spend. You'll soon reach a point where you can't spend money fast enough.

Try to do as many Codex missions as you can before moving on to trigger the next Memory Sequence. You will need to find every single piece of Codex in order to complete the game. If you decide to "save them for later" you'll reach a point near the end of the game where you have to go on a massive Wind Waker-style collection quest to round them all up.

If you're playing the PS3 or 360 version, buy the two main DLC packs before you start playing the game. It integrates them seamlessly into the main game and extends the overall running time by a couple of hours. They're already included in the PC version.

At some point deep into the game you may find yourself trying to climb a tower, only to find yourself halfway up with no apparent way to reach the top. Don't worry, you're not missing anything. You'll unlock the ability to climb it properly later on as part of the main quest.

Just to add to this, do the assassins tombs as soon as you are able to. The reward is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Just downloaded Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2, and Bully: Scholarship Edition that I got back in the Steam holiday sale. Help me have good experiences.

Just Cause 2

Goto http://justcause2mods.com/ and get the mod that makes the blackmarket cheaper. I like the one that sets prices at 10% of their normal prices.

Oh and don't feel bad or guilty about playing with invulnerable or infinite ammo mods. These just improve an already awesome game!

Upgrade the Rowlinson Helicopter, its quick and nimble and maxed out it gets teeth.

The Pell silver bolt is also a good one to upgrade as you can get places very fast in it.

It is also worth purchasing the DLC black market air pack (I think). The parachute thrusters make a huge difference.

Blow as much poo poo up as you can.

Goddammit now I want to go and play it again...

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I just recently picked up Armored Core Another Age for the PS2 from a local charity shop. I have never played an Armored Core game before, is there anything I need to know about it?

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Ok thanks for that, it sounds complicated! I will sit down over the weekend and try and figure it out.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Anything for Destiny 2? I am a pc player so never played D1. I gather that you should wait until you decrypt engrams? Also, once I have a better bit of armour or weapon, it is ok to just dismantle the old stuff?

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

LawfulWaffle posted:

Focus on the story missions, doing the adventures on Earth and the other planets to get your level high enough to start the next plot piece. Don't worry about doing all the adventures in an area before leaving, especially on Titan. Finishing the story and hitting level 20 open up a lot of new features do those are kind of the priority. Feel free to scrap anything that's a lower power level than your best, but don't feel like you have to run with two sidearms because they are a few points higher than guns you like; the game will look at the power level of items in your inventory when calculating drops. Engrams are seeded when you pick them up so there's no benefit to waiting. The Cruicible matches (PVP) equalize the power of everyone's equipment, so even the starting gear is viable. Your character's abilities and any special qualities of your gear will be what set you apart, but don't think you have to wait until the endgame to join a match.

Thats really helpful, thanks!

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

How about South Park: The Stick of Truth? I just purchased it on Steam because it was $8 and a gameplay video I was watching on Youtube intrigued me. I'm not a terribly big fan of South Park, but it doesn't look like you have to know obscure trivia in order to enjoy the game.

It's like playing an episode of South Park, so if your not a fan, the game may get boring quick as the combat system is fairly basic.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

So Assassins Creed Odyssey. Is it worth it to get involved in the conquest parts? To be honest I don't really care whether Sparta or Athens controls a particular area of the map, but I don't want to skip it if there is some payoff further down the line.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Thanks for AC:Odyssey tips; I guess I can safely ignore it unless I want to grind for XP/gear.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Just been playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and have noticed that in a recent patch they have completely removed fall damage. You now do a flip in the air and a roll when you hit the ground and don't suffer any damage at all.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

exquisite tea posted:

It’s level based. Fall damage is always nonlethal in Odyssey, but past a certain point you stop taking damage altogether and eventually get a ground pound ability.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is that new? It was an ability you got after a certain level from the launch version of the game, are you sure you didn’t just level up?

That would be it, I took a break playing it and only got back to it recently so assumed it had been patched out!

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Hardspace: Ship Breakers
Don't get stressed about the time limits. You can take as many shifts as you need to clear a work order and there is no penalty for stopping and moving on to a new ship. The only consideration is whether you will break even moneywise at the end of a shift. You need to clear about 500,000 per shift to cover costs.
The number of days that shows in the contracts screen is how long that listing is up for, not how long it is expecting you to compete the contract in.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I picked up Death Stranding in the Steam sale and just had a quick question. I am currently in the Amelie chapter, close to the start of the game. Is it worth trying to raise the connection rating of the settlements at the moment or should I just keep pushing west and mainlining the story? It seems a long way to walk back to the various outposts you've visited just to get your rating up.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Mierenneuker posted:

Not at all. Once you arrive in episode 3 the first deliveries will lead to you getting:
- a tool to double the amount of weight you can carry(!)
- a weapon to fight MULEs way more effectively

Also none of the locations before episode 3 offer meaningful rewards for getting additional stars. I didn’t bother returning to those early areas until I was about to finish episode 8. You can even just finish the game before you get into the completionist stuff.

Thanks! That eases my anxiety of potentially missing something!

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Does anyone have any specific tips for Aliens: Fireteam Elite? I picked it up in the Steam sale along with the expansion to play with some friends in our regular game session.
Is there a good class to start with?
Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Thanks for the Aliens tips. The smart gun is hilariously op and I get twice the kills as my friends!