Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Started playing Mass Effect, and while I'm enjoying it a lot I also feel like I'm missing a lot of things. Right now, I'm on the Citadel (just rescued the quarian from the assassins)I've been making it a point to explore as much as I can, and talk to everyone as much as possible. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to be focusing on in the beginning.

I remember seeing someone advise to get the Rich achievement ASAP... any hints on how to acquire that much money? So far I only have about 1500 credits. I'm assuming I'll find some easy way of gathering more cash later?

Which is the best way to go? Paragon, Renegade, or somewhere in between? Can you earn points in one without it canceling out the other? Do those attributes actually do anything other than add conversation options?

Who should I have in my party? Do I want a balance of all three main classes, or does it not matter so much? Right now, I've got the human girl, the turian, and Shepard is an adept... Will I run in to any problems?

Any other advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

blackguy32 posted:

You dont really need an adept in your party, but it sure makes the game a bit easier.

Since I've got that base covered with Shepard, do you think I'm all right with the girl and the Turian? Or should I bring along someone else with adept skills? He's got a mix of combat and tech, and she's all combat.

Is it possible to screw myself over on a mission by saying the wrong thing? I'm always afraid to do the Renegade option, as half the time what Shepard says is a billion times more needlessly bitchy than I expected. There was some random guy in the Citadel markets, and by the second response I pissed him off and he disappeared. He's still listed in the journal under assignments saying I should talk to him, but I can't find him anywhere.

Thanks for the help!