Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

junidog
Feb 17, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Requesting Baldur's Gate 2. I know it's pretty old but I just picked it up for 5 bucks from a bargain bin.

Hey, I just reinstalled it!

- Get the Throne of Bhaal expansion
- If you have a widescreen, get the gibberlings 3 widescreen mod, its worth it
- Don't worry too much about min/maxing, the game is pretty easy to break
- You probably want a balanced party, you'll need a cleric at least for healing between encounters, a mage for extra damage and to do all the work later in the game (fighters are fine in the first bit, but in the expansion mages are way more effective), and you can't really get by without a thief (you can, but it's a pain).
-Do yourself a favor and look up AD&D guidlines (gamefaqs has a fine guide), since some of the stats can be real confusing (e.g. half the time higher is better, half the time negatives are better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU