Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I want to like Path of Exiles, but so far my experience in it consists of running away until enemies get bored, then shooting some wildly inaccurate arrows at them, then running away again, and picking up junk I can't use. I guess what I want to know is: is archery just worthless? Or alternatively, is there some way I've missed to have a melee loadout that I can switch to without having to go into my inventory and drag poo poo around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

X? Cool, thanks, that will make things much more fun.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

For the Uncharted series don't play it like a cover shooter. If you do you will die, alot. The enemies in all four games are really good about flanking you, and love throwing grenades.

I almost gave up on Uncharted 1 way back in the day, until my then-roommate looked at me in and said "stop playing it like Gears of War, you are a modern-day Indiana Jones, so run around like a mad man and punch people in the face"

So yea, do what Indy would do. Run and shoot and don't be afraid to melee your enemies. Don't bother aiming unless an enemy is at a distance -Nate doesn't seem to be bothered by recoil at medium/close range. Take full advantage of verticality, hide in one spot just long enough to get your health recovered, ect. Also save your big guns for the guys in armor/shields. They will be especially lethal and irritating in 2/3.

Once you get to Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy there is more of a stealth component you can take advantage of, enemies have a hard time spotting you in tall grass, you can "spot" enemies, ect, which will mix up the gameplay a little bit

All this, also, detach from cover and peek round corners manually rather than just hitting aim, on the highest difficulties at least.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Have started Persona 5, having never previously played a JRPG. Having a good time so far, but should I be focussing on collecting and levelling personas from fights, or going for straight kills to get xp? Or should I aim for half of one, half the other -- how do I not gently caress up, basically?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Don't stress too hard about it, there's a shitload of XP available in the game and you're very unlikely to fall behind. Grab some new Personas when you see them, kill some others, you'll be fine.

That said, don't get too attached to your Personas, and don't bother grinding out levels for them with battle XP alone. Personas are disposable: they take way more XP to level up than Joker does, so they are meant to stick around for a little bit and then get fused into new ones as Joker's level rises. You'll get way more out of fusing your Lv3 Pixie into a Lv6 Silky than you will from actually grinding your Pixie to level 6.

Okay cool, ta. The limit on how many I can carry is acting as an effective limit on how many to collect anyway, as it turns out. Cheers!