Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

Grifter posted:

Can someone tell me if Monks are good characters for Baldur's Gate 2? I've never played D&D, I just like kung fu movies. Also, should he punch people barehanded?

Yes oh god yes. My 2nd character was a Monk and he COULD NOT DIE. As well as that, he hit for stupid damage a stupid amount of times per round. Super high dex will allow him to save against most reflex attacks (no dmg) and his bare hands get + modifiers as you level. Not to mention stuff like Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm as well. Monks rule. Thing is, you either put 20 levels into Monk or none at all. Do not multi class him, and I also suggest you don't dual class either (never tried it never felt like it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Another thing for Dead Space, you'll find that many people will say certain weapons suck and you shouldn't use them. The only weapon that is poo poo in Dead Space is the flamethrower, every other weapon has their use. I personally found the Plasma Cutter and the Assault Rifle to be my priorities, and switched to the Force Gun at the end for some shotgun action. However my brother is primarily using the Buzzer, something I completely ignored, and is doing fine. Basically the weapons boil down into these categories.

Plasma Cutter - Medium to long range, requires a fair amount of precision.
Assault Rifle - Medium to long range, weak power at the start but upgraded it is extremely powerful and will dismember easily. Ammo is very easy to come across. Secondary attack eats ammo ridiculously fast but if you're surrounded it might save your life.
Buzzer - Medium range. Extremely ammo efficient when upgraded as a single floating buzzsaw can be moved into multiple limbs.
Force Gun - Close range ONLY. Seems loving useless at first but to get the best out of this you gotta jam this gun in some necromorphs face first. The secondary fire is good against enemies stuck to the wall.
Line Gun - Close to medium range. A very powerful weapon that makes a decent panic weapon. The line can disect multiple limbs and it has enough power to fire through multiple people. As the projectile moves relatively slowly long range may be a bit difficult. Secondary fire is amazingly powerful, just takes some timing.
Contact Beam - Medium to Long range. I honestly haven't used this much, but the ammo is extremely expensive. However it has stupid amounts of power and would best be suited for brutes or narrow hallways full of baddies. Secondary fire is better than assault rifle secondary fire though in terms of clearing your immediate area.
Flamethrower - Seems cool but it does not do the damage nor have the stopping power required of a close range weapon.