Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Binowru posted:

I'm about to start Rogue Galaxy for the PS2 if anyone has some tips they'd like to share.

Return it.

Barring that, there's a one-on-one boss battle against an enemy who uses ranged attacks. You have to spend nearly the entire battle shielding and slowly inching closer to the enemy. It takes forever and this battle is what caused me to break and hate the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

glod posted:

Not so much a "first time", more of a "I haven't played this game in years", but does anyone have anything to say about Chrono Cross?

Get Glenn as your first party member and not Guile or the french dude. Also, name everyone Lavos for maximum hilarity/confusion!

Also, stealing is amazing, but only Kid and Fargo can do it. Kid's always joining and leaving but once you get Fargo, use him forever and make sure to always steal from the bosses, because you'll get some amazing items.

thanks alot assbag fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 22, 2009

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Kid Moe posted:

I've been playing the Phoenix Wright games for a while now (im up to the last case of the second game) and i cant get a handle on the crazy logic of the game and how it wants me to do things, any tips on how to play it properly without saving a load of times and dying inbetween?

Honestly? Not really. It'll always help to listen to your assistant when pressing a witness, because they'll usually give you a hint as to whether you should press the witness, or present a piece of evidence.

When you're pressing, occasionally you need to press one line, and then press another in a certain order. But you don't have to do it immediately after one another, so when in doubt, press every line once, and then go through and press them all again to see if it triggers anything.

Otherwise, saving and reloading is pretty much your only option, unless you want to spoil the case for yourself, which you shouldn't because the last case of the second game is easily one of the two best cases in the series.