Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
so, I just bought Farenheit (indigo prophecy). The X-box version. I know it's supposed to be an interesting idea but flawed executoion, especially towards the end, I didn't pay much so I'm not too bothered and not expecting it to be perfect. Any tips for not getting bored and making it through to the end (no spoilers please if possible)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Benedikt XVI posted:

This is a great game. The last part sucks, as all the others have pointed out, but everything else is a great experience.

My tip: Play it on easy. It will reduce the pain of all the lovely quicktime events.

good tip. I didn't even know there was an easy mode. might have to start a new file on easy, I'm only an hour or so in.

quote:

The game is awesome, it's a shame they hosed up the ending so bad, I would still preorder a successor any day.

apparently Heavy Rain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Rain is the next game by the same team/studio. I've heard some really interesting stuff about it, the way the plot can play out is (apparently) very fluid and organic, with different ways of dealing with different situations. Apparently, there are situations where your character can die and it doesn't end the game, but it affects the way the rest of the plot plays out with the other characters. Who knows if it'll deliver on its promise though, it does seem to be promising the world and we know how that kind of thing usually works out (*cough* spore *cough*)

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Benedikt XVI posted:

I actually like quick-time events. But the ones in this game get frustrating pretty quick. So turning the difficulty down in order to minimize retries made the game much more enjoyable for me.

I played the first scene where you try to hide evidence countless times for all variants. If only the rest of the game were like this!

I had to play that scene about 15 times :(

IF THE POLICEMAN ISN'T GOING TO LOOK IN THE BED OR IN THE WARDROBE, WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT THE BLOODSTAINED SHIRT IN THE WASHING MACHINE?!?! a shirt that, I might add, you can barely even SEE from most camera angles, and I only found out about when it ended my game. For a game that tries to be fluid and organic, it forces you to do some very specific things where in real life any number of other options would work just as well. I've a feeling there will be a lot of yelling at the TV before this game is through :/

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Bisse posted:

Phoenix Wright
* Press, press, press, press, press, press.

save, save, save, save, save

In the courtroom sesctions, every time you do something that doesn't result in you getting a smack from the judge, save. Most of the game is OK, but there are a couple of really non intuitive pieces of evidence/options, especially in places where you're three steps ahead of what the game is after, where you just have to use trial and error, so to speak. Dying three times in succession is much less painful if you have a save just before that option, plus when you DO make the right choice, if you've already lost 4/5 hit points you can just do a quick reset and get them back, then re-make the good choice.