Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Breakdown (Xbox)
Play on Easy. Normal mode is roughly comparable with Halo on Legendary. Hard mode is for masochists. Easy is roughly comparable to what Normal should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Pyrocat posted:

More questions about Disgaea DS. What the gently caress is transmigration and when should I bother with it?

It's basically a high-level feature for use in post-story content. It lets you kill off one of your characters, and ressurect them as a different (or same but higher-tier) class, carrying over some of their stats and abilities from their previous life. Done right, it's the key to making retardedly overpowered hybrid characters.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Ignore the Reverse power unless you have to use it in a scripted part. It drains power too fast and isn't really that useful for what it does.

Seconding this. It's not a bad game, but it's best treated like a mod for FEAR (which it is, pretty much - same engine, I believe). Get in, switch to slowmo/timefreeze and chew everything up before retreating and repeating until everything around you is a pile of meaty chunks.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Sworder posted:

There's a lot of things you can do if you want a perfect game, or plan to tackle the postgame content. There are a few things you can permanently miss, but only one of them, the Zodiac Spear, is of any real use. If that's your thing, find a guide and follow it to the letter.

It is of some use, but it's hardly the be-all and end-all of weapons in the game. It also randomly drops off at least one enemy type as well, so you can get it even if you're not playing from a guide.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Silentman0 posted:

What do I need to know about Armored Core 4?

AC4 is very, very different from previous games in the series. It's infinitely faster and requires quick fingers - there's no way you can soak up all the punishment the enemies are dealing, so learn to boost-dodge. Also, the default control setup with lock-on assists and such is pretty bad. Switch to advanced controls and reconfigure stuff until you find a layout that suits you.

Unlike previous AC games, you actually start out in a good mech that, with a little tweaking and upgrading over time, will see you through the entire campaign if you're not feeling very adventurous. I like the black, pointy high-agility one.

You'll be doing a lot of fighting in the air. Try to come up with a mech that can maintain flight for extended periods of time. You may have to cut down on weight.

Torso parts that can carry backup weapons are actually really useful for the longer missions. Chuck a pair of pistols in there for when your main guns run dry. Saved my neck more than a few times.

Nobody EVER manually set stabilizers. Just buy a bunch of random ones and let the auto-stabilizing system fit them.

Hard mode is a lot of fun - it actually changes the missions according to murphys law, so a simple mission where you ambush an enemy will turn into a fight for your life as the enemy has been informed and is waiting for you, and has called for backup that'll arrive soon on top of that.