Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

What a good idea.

I'm just about to start Overlord, and while this might sound kind of weird, can I get some advice on Guitar Hero III? I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games for more than a couple minutes, so can you give me some techniques I can use to make me look as much like a rockstar as possible?

aherdofpenguins fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

For Guitar Hero, when starting the most fun can be had on Medium difficulty because it can be challenging but doesn't completely gently caress you over. Easy is just too easy and you won't feel like you're really playing since you won't be hitting half of the notes while Hard can just be annoying for a beginner player. If you want to look cool in front of other people while playing learn how to recognize and do Hammer Ons and Pull Offs.

I have pretty extensive experience with Konami's Guitarfreaks so hard isn't that much of a stretch, but I didn't know about the hammer ons and pull offs. I'll have to look into that. If you are/anyone is familiar with the Guitarfreaks series are there any other differences other than the obvious star power?