Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
I'd love to see something for Fallout and Deus Ex, the first I haven't played yet and the second I haven't gotten the hang of yet.

Dwarf Fortress:
-Your first few fortresses ARE going to fail. This is a game of trial by error.
-Trees regrow slowly, so if you have the choice between building something out of stone or wood, use stone.

Keyboard Fox fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Disgaea
-To get through the item world quickly, have your characters pick each other up in a chain until you have a giant tower, then just throw over and over till you reach the exit.
-If the enemy is more than a turn away from your base panel, try bringing out an unwanted character to lure them in, then once they're within range, have your main team pop out and alpha strike them.
-Learn to cancel moves to your advantage. Assemble your fighters into a T formation to do a team attack, then cancel the moves of the three who didn't attack and form another T to get another team attack.
-In dealing with narrow passages blocked by an enemy, you can lift that enemy up with one character, send whoever you want through, then cancel the first character's move. It's like rewinding time selectively.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
-The game's easy enough that you can't 'screw yourself over' on stat point placement. But it helps to remember that ATK and DEF are actually accuracy and evasion, so don't increase ATK on your support characters, thinking that you're actually getting them decent damage.
-Be sure to get Cream the Rabbit and E-123 Omega. The game will warn you before you go past the point of no return for either one (I think).
-When your team splits up, don't put all your good characters with Sonic. The other team gets into more fights (especially if you get lost like I did)

Megaman 9
-Have at least one E-tank before entering the last part of the game. Maybe two. Hell, get the maximum just to be sure.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Might and Magic VI: The Madate of Heaven
-Have at least one cleric or one sorcerer in your party. There's spells only they can learn.
-When you first start out, enter the inn and get the reward from the cultist guy, then head to the stable and buy passage to Castle Ironfist. Head up the hill to the castle and get another reward from the regent. You should have around 5500 gold to get some decent starting equipment and spells with.
-Outfit everyone with bows, even if you don't plan to improve their archery skills.
-Horseshoes grant bonus skill points, and respawn when the area resets (at intervals of 6 months or 1 year)

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
King's Bounty: The Legend
-Prioritize doing the main questline at least until you get the chest of rage. Aside from dramatically increasing your effectiveness, its skills level up the more you use them.

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Requesting Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Forumwars
-Do Ophelia Titsupp's mission asap. The reward is a free attack that might be more powerful than what you have at that point.
-If you've kept coming back enough to get through episode one, then there should be no question as to if you should buy episode two. (episode two finally came out today, by the way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyboard Fox
Apr 14, 2006

CALM THE HELL DOWN
Anything I should know about Ninjatown DS, Dragon Quest IV, or De Blob?