Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got any tips for Bully, The Warriors, and Beyond Good and Evil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips on Call of Duty 2 and 4 for a first time player of the series. I tried CoD4 a while back, but made the mistake of going straight to Veteran, which was a big mistake.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Fallout 3

I suggest doing Reilly's Raider when you get a chance so you can get the device from Reilly at the end (ask her for it upon Quest Completion) to earn money for every marked location. With the amount of land you bound to find, you can earn a large amount of caps.

Minor Spoiler If you want Dogmeat, I suggest you do the Moira quest to the mine field, and head south upon reaching your destination, which you will soon come upon a gated junkyard.

Overlord

Don't bother with the Dungeon until you get the third forge in the game. Once you do, build up a set of armor with high defense using a lot of Browns.

Also for the Dungeon, use a set of Reds and have them stand back while you take the damage. They will generally avoid damage while you take the blunt of the attacks. Handy as the Red can fling fire at enemies from afar.

Another dungeon tip, if you need more henchmen fast, just do the above two suggestion and take on the beetle monsters. There are four in the game, with each being related to a different color henchmen.

If you are going for 0% run, don't take the second mistress at Heaven's Peak, kill anything with a green highlight, or do anything you figure is really evil (steal a bag of money over saving elven women from death).

The final set of spells you earn in the game are determined by your corruption.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am installing Overlord and Raising Hell right now. Does the expansion stuff become available in the end game?

The manual says the game is "protected" by Starforce. Should I be paranoid and find some way to remove it, or is it something minor that won't mess up the computer?

Expansion stuff become available upon completing the map that is related to it. For example the Mellow Hill Abyss (first new dungeon from the expansion) probably will become available upon killing Melvin. I am entirely sure on that because I bought it around the time I was 2/3 into the game, but I was able to enter the new first dungeon upon installing it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any tips for Kameo, Burnout Paradise or Armored Core : Answer?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well after reactivating Gamefly, I got my first two games shipped, Fable II and Wario Land Shake It. Any tips for those two games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well I got Clive Barker's Jericho coming in from the mail, and I wonder what are some tips for the game besides knowing the ending will suck.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got tips for Ratchet and Clank which I am getting from Gamefly. Also wouldn't mind some tips for Ghost Master. And after beating No More Heroes last night, I have a tip.

No More Heroes

- If you choose to view both endings after beating Rank 1, DO NOT SAVE OVER YOUR CURRENT SAVE!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't need tips to play Doom, Quake, or Wolfenstein, but what is the best mods to run the games?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any good advice for Killer7 and Hitman Blood Money? Just started playing both of them the other day and hate to screw up real early in both games due to bad decisions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just got Skate 2 and Force Unleashed from Gamefly today. The Skate 2 thread has a few tips in the OP, but are there anything addition to know for the two games?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm getting Valkyria Chronicles from Gamefly tomorrow, but what are some in general tips for the game. I tried the demo, but immediately seem to get all my characters killed by a tank.

Also what are some good tips on Force Unleashed. Just finished Cloud City, but there still seems to be more left in the game before it's finished.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Capm posted:

I just downloaded Suikoden for my PSP but I haven't played it before. I downloaded it solely on reputation. Lay it on me!

Don't bother grinding for levels.

If a character has a portrait, good chances they either join your party, are bad, or plot characters.

Do not choose execute when the choice appears.

Keep Pahn's weapon and level high, it will save you grief later.

Be careful during major battles, as characters can be permanently killed if you do the wrong attack.

Most of the 108 stars are easy to find, but a few are tricky to find like Clive or Lester. If in doubt, look at a requirement guide.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I bought Ogre Battle and Gradius Rebirth off the Shop Channel. Don't really need advice on Gradius, but tips for Ogre Battle would be greatly needed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just bought Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich off of Steam, but what are some general tips on how to play the game. Also bought Empire Total War as well.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What are some good tips for Cross Edge and Folklore for the PS3. I heard Cross Edge is pretty complex, but gets good once you understand the mechanics.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since it's now free from the Offical Elder Scroll website, what's some good tips for both Arena and Daggerfall?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's some good tips for the original Fallout. I played halfway into the game years ago, so I know about both time limits, but what are some good tips and mods to use to maximized the play experience.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What perks are worth using for Fallout 1. Bloody Mess has no negative results, plus you get to kill the Overseer. When I first played the game, I used the perk that makes you hit harder, but takes away manual aiming on the enemy parts. I do know how the story flows in Fallout 1, but I still never completed it.

Funny how I beat Fallout 3 twice, but never finished the previous titles.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just picked up a few games today, so any tips on Devil Summoner 2, Deus EX, Evil Genius, and Red Faction Guerrilla,

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We really need a wiki to house all the tips from this thread. I bet the games I mentioned earlier in this page have tips, but since this thread is so massive, it would take forever to find.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's some good tips for Fable II. I saw some tips in the thread on how to make money like selling discounted items to Fairfax Gardens and buying houses, but more tips would be nice.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just picked up Fallout Tactics, Sacrifice, and Giant Citizen Kabuto off of GoG. Any good tips for the games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Need some advice on Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1. Just finished Persona 3 FES last night, and want to play through one of these games, but besides the general tips, which one is better start with. Personally leaning toward Nocturne, as it older, and I don't have to be committed to play DDS2 (which I do have) right away.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just picked up Gears of War II Game of the Year Edition and Muramasa The Demon Blade today. Any tips besides both games on the opposite side of the color wheel?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

What should I know about Super Paper Mario?

Going with One Year Later suggest of using Bowser, combine him with Carrie the pixi you get in 3-4, and he becomes a monster. It's due to the fact his flame attack can normally be used when standing still on the ground, but with Carrie, he can movie and use the flames at all times. It makes any of the bosses become pushovers.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
With the subject of Persona in mind, what are some addition tips for Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I saw a few in the Wiki (that needs to be in the OP), but a few more would be helpful. Need to get used to the fact the individual commands are buried under a menu, with auto as the default option.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the previous page mentioned the original version of the game, but what are some good tips for Persona 1 for the PSP. I'm betting the ones for the previous game might still work, but since they rebalanced the game for the PSP, it may not be entirely accurate.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vidaeus posted:

Anything for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 for PC?

Not going to list a lot of tips, but one thing you must remember, don't leave SHIELD HQ, the starting undersea base area of Ocean level, or the "Castle Doom" part of Arcade level until you got everything. You can never return to those sections of the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can I get some tips for Magna Carter 2, as it's coming in Monday from Gamerang?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since the wiki is not working, I need some advice for Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Far Cry 2, and Phantom Brave We Meet Again.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 25, 2009

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just bought Odin Sphere from Gamestop, and I'm wondering what to do in that and it's sister game, Muramasa.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's some good tips for Torchlight and Mercenary 2.I'm a veteran of Diablo II, and I'm pretty used to the Very Hard difficultly so far in Torchlight, but what are some good advice besides using the dog to sell your loot.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What some good tips for Tropic 1 and 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just bought Tropico 3 on Steam. What are some good early game advice so I don't spend myself poor.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got quite a few games from Steam in the last few days. I got The Witcher, Alien Shooter Series, Indigo Prophecy, and the Jedi Knight series

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just picked up Jade Empire from the Steam sale. Any tips or suggestion regarding the game?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What are some good tips for Crysis and Street Fighter IV.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Anonymaus posted:

Civilization 4

Emancipation can be used offensively , rush Stonehenge to unlock emancipation , then immediately switch to it and give an happiness penalty to everyone else , this is even more evident in multiplayer

Actually it was the Pyramid that granted you the option to use Emancipation early. Stonehedge just put monuments in all your cities so you can get their borders expanded while also having the world map centered for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What's some tips on King's Bounty: The Legend? Never played a Heroes of Might and Magic game before.