Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Not entirely related to the thread, but I couldn't figure a better place to put it.

I was reading about old adventure games and on some list I discovered the title Shadow of Destiny. I looked it up on Wikipedia, it seems to be an oldschool style adventure game (like monkey island, longest journey, etc) released in the PS2 era and it seemed pretty interesting, about fate and time travel or something. Has anyone played this, and is it a good game?

I enjoyed it, but don't expect much interesting gameplay. Play it for the cutscenes and story I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

I've been reading the Final Fantasy thread and now I want to play Final Fantasy IX. I played it as a kid but only made it through one or two discs. I think I was playing wrong, because I seemed very under-leveled. How do I play 'right'? What else should I know?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Wow, thanks for all the info guys!

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

I'm just starting Mother 3. Anything I should know? I don't have a manual or anything, are there any important gameplay mechanics that aren't explained/aren't obvious? I've played Earthbound and have a couple questions:

-Is it similar to Earthbound in that I should use my healing items as they come to me, or are items more scarce in this one?
-Are there any points in the game where I should grind?
-Any really good/important items to watch out for?
-General strategies for using the different characters in combat?

Any other tips would be great.

Shane-O-Mac fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 4, 2011