Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

jamal posted:

to be fair, it wasn't stock, and part of the maf wiring harness melted. Now that it has a new shortblock with better pistons and rods, we expect to make some good power with this turbo:

Whats going on here? Is this some sort of test rig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

choo choo posted:

Holy poo poo. Sup Ontario goon photographed by Wes Tanney! Hit me up! My contact info is in my profile.

Click here for the full 640x427 image.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

BannedForLulz posted:

Quick Subaru related question: I noticed that in my 04MY WRX when I get anywhere above 4k RPM in first, when I clutch in to shift, the engine and transmission seem to lurch...like move more than they should and I can actually "feel" them moving, when I shift into second and let the clutch out, everything is smooth again. This seems to be slightly more aggressive when I am shifting closer to redline and the speed with which I operate the clutch doesnt seem to make them move any less. I was thinking the mounts might be going but this happens only in first gear and only above 4k rpms. Is this just normal Subaru "stuff" or...what? Help me goons!

Experiment with when you lift off the throttle and when you clutch in. You could be lifting off to early throwing the engine in the other direction while its still connected to the wheels and when you throw the clutch in the drivetrain might still be oscillating from the jolt.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Tatrakrad posted:

I'm really looking to buy a last-gen Impreza or 2.5RS in the next year, so thanks for this thread.

2.5RSs are Imprezas. Do you mean WRX?

This? http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/hatchbacks/2007_vw_gti_vs_subaru_impreza_wrx_tr_mini_cooper_s_nissan_sentra_se_r_spec_v_mazdaspeed_3_grand_touring_comparison_test

EDIT: Weird. When did URLs get to long for tags?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

nm posted:

I can still "accelerate" (using the term loosely) from 15mph in 5th with no slip.

The true test is uphill in 3rd or 4rth at peak power RPM and WOT. If your clutch can hold that your fine. Your engine is making dick all torque at 15mph in 5th so of course your clutch can hold it. But your clutch is fine anyway.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

kaws! posted:

Bought one of these for it, which I think is pretty neatoh;

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-POGYoh6sQ0

How much was it? How does it get information so fast?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

nm posted:

The 2010 Legacy is a completely different car than the 2009.
Which is better depends on how you feel about huge

Where are the rest of the comparison pics?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
It's most likely just the rear bushings deflecting a bit once you unload the front tires. It I notice it on independent suspension cars.

Cars with trailing arms do cooler things in those situations. Like the rear hiking up or squatting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Qapf posted:

They have decided to blame it on "leaving my hand on the gearshift after changing into gear".

I hear this a lot on this forum when dealers decide to blame the drivers. What the gently caress is up with that accusation?