Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Chiwie posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for rear bushings on a 2004 WRX sedan? My rear diff ones are toast and I'm looking to get them done before I go off to play support car at Targa.

(I'm in Australia if that helps)

Whiteline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Any idea what wheel this is? 15" and 5x100 is all I know.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Cuntpunch posted:

So question #1: Is there some other weird security thing that's being triggered and just completely locking down the car that I need to get disabled?

Did you try turning the key in the ignition on/off three times? (When alarm is activated and you don't have the remote to de-activate, override by turning key in ignition on-off 3x. ) Worth a shot.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Sooo, the Outback threw a P2138 code. Car immediately cuts gas and requires a restart to get going again. Sounds like the TPS system has an issue something about mistmatched voltages from the pedal sensors. I plan on cleaning the contacts and connectors first. But, in the meantime I've been compiling part #s for things that might need to be replaced. I know the TPS by the throttle body is #22633AA151. I can't figure out what the part # for the pedal sensor is though.

2004 Subaru Outback 2.5l automatic

Anyone have any insights?

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

jamal posted:

I would start at the throttle. This is a DBW car? Make sure there isn't anything wedged in the throttle plate. I had a car do that and it had a little piece of zip tie stuck in there that had fallen into an open IC pipe. Could also be a bent pin on a connector or a wire that has pulled out a little bit. Has the intake been off or the throttle been unplugged recently?

I have to double check. The car is at my parent's place. I want to say it isn't DBW.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

The 2004 Outback was a weird transition year. The Legacy models of 2004 were the newer body style.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

c355n4 posted:

Sooo, the Outback threw a P2138 code. Car immediately cuts gas and requires a restart to get going again. Sounds like the TPS system has an issue something about mistmatched voltages from the pedal sensors. I plan on cleaning the contacts and connectors first. But, in the meantime I've been compiling part #s for things that might need to be replaced. I know the TPS by the throttle body is #22633AA151. I can't figure out what the part # for the pedal sensor is though.

2004 Subaru Outback 2.5l automatic

Anyone have any insights?

36010AE041 seems to be the Accelerator Pedal Assembly.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

If you have a new Subaru. Bring it to the dealer to do oil changes. gently caress having to fight them over warranty issues if that ever comes up.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

si posted:

The non-swapped one is also not stock. Those are later year wheels (you'd want the originals if possible, they're nicer wheels). The seats are I believe WRX seats, but I don't recognize that specific one.

'04 WRX seats. They sit too high and you lose the ability to get into the back easily.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

goatse guy posted:

:argh: WRX front bumpers :argh:

You just need some red zipties

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Jamal or anyone else. Which was the best stock oil pan? '06 STI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Bojanglesworth posted:

Its actually my painters. He took the car home so he could do the body work and primer there before taking it back to his shop for final paint. Pretty stoked.

Also, I have been trying to sell my Outback and had no luck at all. I started my price at $12k and am now down to $9k obo. My price doesn't seem unreasonable... does it?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/va-2006-subaru-outback-xt-limited-215703.html

Honestly, your little "spin" probably scares off most of the typical outback buyers. They won't care about your modifications and so forth. They'll just know that you are asking that price for a car that had a little off.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67-classifieds/182154-fs-2005-outback-llbean.html <--- lovely comparison; but, someone paid his $9k asking price because its obviously unmolested and stock. This is your market if you are in a rush to sell.

c355n4 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 15, 2014