Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

Remember: everyday that you wake up, proves that God doesn't exist.
Awesome, a subaru thread! I picked up a 2005 STI about a year ago after wanting an impreza since I was 12. Not the most practical thing, but doesn't matter when the kid in me gets all excited every time I drive it. I only wish I didn't have the terribly common Rear strut clunk that apparently plagues the sti. It wouldn't bother me if there were more strut options for the 05+ (i'm looking at you KYB)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

SubaruTex posted:

This is my kind of thread!

1987 RX Coupe w/ EJ20G engine swap, 4.11 Gears + More...

Holy crap, I didn't know anybody even gave these a second thought. More please.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

I waited about a year after getting my 05 before doing anything racing related. And now that I have, expensive new addiction ahoy.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

ah good ol rocks. I remember personally clearing up like 50 lbs of coconut-sized rocks for you AWD assholes tearing up the place :)

coconut pile:

Click here for the full 900x600 image.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

Any recommendations for replacement rotors for a 2005 sti? I've got the high speed braking shudder going on, and since my rotors have been resurfaced once before I'm told its a no-no to do it again.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

I had looked into those, but the idea of paying ~650 for rotors made me slightly nauseous.

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

I'd love to pay more. But what I want and what I can afford in reality rarely seem to coincide. If I had the dough i'd switch to the wrx 4 pots so I could clear some 15 inch wheels. Some day, right?

Bampalo fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 29, 2008

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

I have a quick question/issue. Recently when I have the A/C on i get an intermittent 'squeak'. It almost sounds like a belt slipping. Only happens when the A/C is on though, Can anybody point me in the right direction as to what to look for? Car is a 2005 STI, engine totally stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bampalo
Mar 7, 2001

I assumed it was belt related, but havent had a chance to check yet.