Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
The SI-Drive in my '07 Spec B Legacy was acting up the other day (refusing to switch modes, 'I' worked, but getting it into S from I, or S# from I or S was proving tough), so I figured there might be some gunk under there. Well, some gentle upward pulling on the knob resulted in the knob coming off.... but it was because it snapped the shaft off. After doing some research, it looks like there's a retaining clip on the underside of the SI-Drive unit. Whoops.

Funny, the shaft has 3/16" thick plastic running a full circle, and it snapped with relatively little effort. Powerful weak plastic.

So the only question that remains is how much this is going to cost me. *sigh*

I did put some RallyArmour mudflaps on recently, as well as replacing my interior lights with LED panels. The LED panels are bright as poo poo (a pic attached, but not mine), and I bought them from here:
http://www.fastwrx.com/ledinli.html -- $135 got me map lights, a dome light, and the puddle lights for the front doors. They're pretty high quality panels, too. They're cut to fit the openings, and they're powered with a dummy bulb that uses wires from either side. So you tuck the bulb in, and then secure the panels in the front with the wires behind them. The map lights are 3x3 I believe, the dome is 4x4 or 5x5, and the puddle lights are little LED panels built into the bulbs, so they're just 2x2. Big difference in the amount of light coming out of them though. Take that, night vision.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Sep 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Sold my spec B here in the northeast a week ago or so, if anyone is looking for one (or knows someone who is). http://www.autoservtilton.com/used/Subaru/2007-Subaru-Legacy-483300a40a0d0649017ad30ae08a143f.htm

I was rearended a few years ago with some light unibody damage, it was repaired w/ lifetime work warranty (carfax may show this for a bargaining chip). Rest of the car was in great shape.

I also have some parts I took off it before I sold it, if anyone's interested in those. Not optimistic anyone on here would like them, but I thought I'd offer them up here first. PM if interested, I could probably do some partial delivery on the wheels since they're expensive to ship, the rest should be mail-able.

Accessport $375
STi front strut tower brace $225 shipped
the wheels feature here: 17" Kazera's w/ older winter tires ($150)

and the grill ($100 shipped) & pair of wheels, the 18" ones below (Drag DR-33's). These will have tires on them, but you'd need to replace them. ($300) they're 5x100 w/ +45 offset.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastipotamus fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 1, 2012

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

kylej posted:

Your name wouldn't happen to be Chris would it?
Nope :)