Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

So as an owner of a new subie CVT (forester wilderness) is there anything to watch out for? I know you need to change the fluid pretty religiously but anything else? I'd like to tow my motorcycle for track days, is that a bad idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dang. Well I'd need to get over the Sierra's from northern Nevada to California so maybe that isn't a great idea. Probably no more than 1200 pounds bike+trailer but there'd be a bunch of gear in the back too. Might just go for the uhaul transit instead.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

We actually went in looking for a manual crosstrek but once we found that they no longer existed and that the '24s radio and HVAC controls were a giant touchscreen we bounced off that HARD. At least the foresters still have knobs for some of the controls. Hate the teslafication of auto interiors so much.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

is there a use case for hill hold on a car with an automatic transmission? Can't for the life of me figure out why they put that in my forester.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

But why tho

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Huh. I'll have to try that out then. NGL I'm veering pretty close to "I don't understand it therefore I don't like it" territory which is totally on me but also an unsettling realization of where I am in my life. Huh

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

mutata posted:

Opinions on the Outback Wilderness? Worth the price markup or no?

I've got a '23 Forester wilderness and like it fine but outside of an appearance package I don't think it's really worth the price unless you're really gonna use xmode a lot. The seats are great if you do dirty things or have kids/dogs as you can just spray clean them and wipe with a towel. As mentioned they don't breathe like at all so you'll sweat in the summer. Those drat Yokohama tires track every groove in the road too. Def getting something different when they wear out.

Get blue it's the best color :)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I like the eyesight but why oh why does it have to beep all. The. drat. Time.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Suppppp

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Does Subaru not use a washer on the oil pan bolt? just changed the oil on the forester and didn't see one on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

2023 and its its first change so i guess not. mf was on there wicked tight though