Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

Bombtrack posted:

What's bad about mobil 1? Because I've been using that for awhile now.

Hysteria..its used a lot more then most oils, but has a higher rate of complaints or something.

I use Royal Purple or whatever the hell personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

warwick5s posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm kind of new to turbo Subarus, and I was totally unaware of how many options the AccessPort gives you.

Is it really just as simple as just plugging the flasher guy in and uploading the map you want to use at that time? Like, I could keep it in Economy mode during the week when my wife drives it and switch it back for the weekend without too much hassle? :D

Yup.

Oddly, Im running stage 2 ots cobb map, and get 18-19 mpg city, and barely ever go over 3500 rpm. I tossed the economy map on and got around 17-18 mpg, driving the same. On a recent highway trip cruising around 70mph with the stage 2 map, i got 24-25 mpg.

07 wrx, catless dp, 3 inch exhaust. turbos xs huge tmic, 18 inch wheels.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
For sale:

2007 WRX OBP stage 2, inquire within :D

I'll be panning for a new hatch i hope.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Traded in my wrx and upgraded to this baby around the 1st of the month!
2010 STI SE in WRB. Looks great with the graphite rims, now have the windows tinted at 30%. My buddy has an aspen white SE too.

Lando fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 28, 2010

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

(((k))) posted:

I'm out of my element here and need some electrical assistance. I replaced the middle horn on my WRX with two supertones . I used the hella relay and the middle horn trigger/power cable. Everything is working fine as is. There is another trigger/power cable on the passenger side with a second OEM horn. What needs to be done to properly power/trigger two OEM horns off of the passenger wire? I am an electrical neophyte and don't want to under or overpower the horns or harm the electrical system. I'd rather not chuck the OEMs If they can be spliced in. 

Pfft, on my old wrx i simply wired the hella's to the oem wires. Worked like a charm for well over 18 months before i traded it in.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

allonblack posted:

Grats STI SE buddy! Do something about the hideous taillights after the tint! Smoked looks great on the WRB.

Yeah I know. I'm thinking of getting that see through krylon paint and painting them red. It looks really good and ive seen someones car done already in person.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
I've learned that the summer tires on the 2010 sti se are not very good in the snow :D Then again, solid ice probably isnt good for any style tire unless they got those spikes in them.

<3 the Hampton Roads area and surrounding cities that have zero real salt/plowing trucks.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Why are you trying to chest thump for the sti catback? It's barely better then the WRX catback. Its still a 2.5 inch high restriction exhaust section.

Seriously, search around nasioc local forums, find used parts, profit.
STay clear of the sti catback, its really not an upgrade at all.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Waste of money to buy an STi exhaust. Its practically the same as the WRX. Spend $200 on NASIOC and get a 3 inch exhaust used, all day long for sale.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Jamal, towards the spring/summer I'm wanting to go ahead and drop a front mount into my car in prep for a protune.
Currently: 2010 STI SE
3 inch TBE, with one cat.
AEM CAI
Cobb AP AEMstage 2 map.
I dyno'd it last week, making 277AWHP and 317AWTQ. Was running pretty rich from what the guy said.

Along with a FMIC, should I toss on a set of UEL headers, up pipe, and EWG?? I don't plan on upgrading the turbo for YEARS, aka when the warranty expires.

Will probably get tuned at Mach V in NOVA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

Blaise posted:

I was pretty happy with my 3" DP with the stock exhaust (even more so with the STi axleback on it now). I'm not a big fan of noise, and the borla hush is significantly louder.

The STI catback is worthless, as is the SPT. They're all pretty much the same and a waste of money as an 'upgrade'. You have to get a 3 inch exhaust to have any real performance gain.

I'm debating on putting a fmic on my sti. i dyno'd it a few weeks ago and made 277/317 at the wheels. Tuner said that the stock tmic was really unable to keep up with the boost of the Cobb OTS stage 2 map.