Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

how does one even pay $15k in a private party transfer? the only kind of cash purchases that big i have personal experience with involved an existing working relationship, is there some kind of escrow or something people use for doing purchases like these between strangers? i'd prefer not to withdraw fifteen thousand dollars in hundred dollar bills if i can avoid it

but i also wouldn't blame him for like, not wanting to take a check or a phone app transfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it isnt going to ruin my life any more than a twenty year old midlife crisis red flag will, but i get your point. I guess the easy and obvious ways aren't obvious to me. What are they?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

does flashing and flashing back affect smog, or just warranty

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

well i did it. jesus christ this thing is scary fast. after almost a decade of driving a prius it's like riding a racehorse. it just wants to go like hell

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

there's definitely a long history of major-manufacturer parts-bin sports cars that it slots real well into

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

mutata posted:

I didn't really listen to any of you, sorry.

the important part is you didnt buy a loving crossover

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

what's the groupthink on killer B oil pickups and pans? how about their air/oil separators? I don't exactly plan on hurling my new sti into a tree just yet but from the sound of it these items address some known cost/benefit compromises in the car's design that can help reliability long-term. or am i just getting smoke blown up my rear end

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

my friend (a heterosexual woman) just referred to the wing that the first owner deleted from my sti as "douchey" so im thinking that wing delete may have been a blessing in disguise

im already driving a boyracer sedan in WORDL RALLEYE BLUE with scoops and vents and poo poo, she's probably right. if i ever decide to start flipping thirtysomething straight boys though i am absolutely set

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 6, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

consider just swapping out the whole axle; if the design of the knuckle didnt change since 95 then you can do it without touching any alignment bolts

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

well i got my first check engine light since buying my 04 sti in september. fluid levels are all fine, it sounds like its running fine, no oil pressure light. i did not know that a CEL disables the cruise control lol

time to buy a code reader

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 12, 2023

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i think a lot of em end up not having em because they're often a pain in the rear end to find and running without one beats not changing the oil

also cheap oil change places who dont pay their techs enough for em to give a poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

lol the factory itself was like "gently caress it nobody uses these anyway. +1¥ to the margin"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If the crush washer appears to be missing, look at the sump hole more closely - the washer may be stuck to the pan and may not be obvious at first glance.

and for that matter, the bolt. i found out about subaru crush washers when the "flange" of my drain plug bolt came off

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

carticket posted:

The donor engine for my build has a drain plug that is 100% seized into the pan. I'm going to have to drill it out, but need to try to get oil out first (or tip the engine so that it isn't sitting on the plug while I drill.

hell, free cutting fluid

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

is it a hydraulic clutch? if so, is there fluid in the reservoir?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

have you tried starting it in gear with the clutch in? note: do this with the handbrake set and nothing 3-6ft in front of the car you don't mind running over

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

finally bit the bullet and took my 04 sti to be inspected. good news is, it's mostly normal wear and tear for a 20y 135k mi car. a couple spots where some atomized oil and coolant residue indicates some slow leaks. the pcv assembly is pretty shot, valve looks to still be working but the hoses are all dryrotted and everything around it has a sheen of dusty oil. "a little bit of crankcase pressure but totally acceptable" rear diff pinion has the same telltale coating of oil around it. both steering rack boots are torn, but that's it, the cvs are all fine. the lower ball joints could stand to be replaced. some coolant crusties under the intake manifold indicating the coolant crossover is weeping coolant under pressure. all in all, a big relief. $55 for a laundry list of things to keep an eye on.

e: anyone with personal experience with any of these things, either diy or professional repair (or for that matter, just leaving em be and living with em) feel free to pipe up

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Darchangel posted:

Ah, you meant a complete replacement. I was thinking supplemental like you can do with a live axle car or truck.

only dead axles around here, friendo