Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Laissez les bons temps rouler
Thanks Jamal and bajaha. I got the belt on and hit the starter long enough for the engine to turn a few times and everything is still lining up right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

I'm kicking around the idea of selling my '04 FXT.

As much as I love that drat car, it's not really meeting my needs anymore. I bought a house a few months back and have a few projects that require a truck to haul poo poo. If it were just that, I'd pick up a cheap utility trailer or rent one when I need it, but I do a lot of camping and my wife's Pathfinder can only hold so much stuff while towing a camper.

Anyway, my question for you all really is how much I can expect get when/if I sell the FXT? It's a manual with ~113,000 miles on it. Mechanically, there's not a drat thing wrong with it. I've done the maintenance (including the dreaded timing belt) and kept on top of any problems. The body, however is...well it looks like a 13 year old car. The clear coat on the hood and the roof rails is starting to go and there's a decent dent in the liftgate, as well as the usual scratches and poo poo one would expect for a 13 year old car. There's no body or frame rust though, as it's been in the southern US its whole life. Interior is in real good shape. It's completely stock. There's a couple of cosmetic things I'd fix as well as a really good cleaning job before trying to sell it (e.g. the rusty wiper arms).

Here's a few (lovely) pictures of the car as it sits now:

Most of the examples I found on craigslists have been modified or seem ridiculous, and there aren't many out there to compare it to. I'm open to suggestions!

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Thanks all. Once tax returns start coming in I'll probably go ahead and list it since people gonna have that money burning a hole in their pockets.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

Welp, put my FXT up on craigslist :(

drat that's depressing to type out.

DAT RAM
Dec 28, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Interval in my manual for my 2002 WRX was 105k miles. I changed it at 108k and the belt was still pristine. No cracks or other signs of wear. The pulleys, on the other hand, sounded like roller skate wheels.

Same with my '04 FXT. Belt was fine, pulleys were shot.