Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I may be looking to buy a used subaru next month. It'll probably be ~'99-04 and my budget is $10k. Most of my options have between 75-100,000 miles. What sort of things should be happening at this point as far as maintenance goes? Anything I should look out for? Whatever I buy will have a manual trans and possibly a turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BannedForLulz posted:

"The spark plug change is $300." My jaw literally dropped infront of him. "Oh, its because the WRX uses SPECIAL PLATINUM spark plugs, theyre advanced." I was really fighting back telling him I wasnt retarded.

:colbert:

"No sir, I think I'll handle this one on my own."

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

8ender posted:

Also the 2.5RS only has the 165hp NA Boxer engine, no turbo. It does however have a limited slip diff and is about 200 lbs lighter than the 02' WRX so its not terribly slow by any means.

...and it's just loving good looking.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

the_worm_ posted:

Another WRX owner checking in here. I have an 06 WRX with a vf39 and an STI TMIC, it makes for some fun grocery getting. Been driving subaru's since I was a kid since my dad has owned a Subaru garage since the early 80s. Natural progression I suppose.
Here is a pic of my car cruising back from a local meet this weekend.

My god this generation of Imprezas/STIs looks so much better without a wing. Is there much of a difference in stability with or without?