Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

angryhampster posted:

I may be looking to buy a used subaru next month. It'll probably be ~'99-04 and my budget is $10k. Most of my options have between 75-100,000 miles. What sort of things should be happening at this point as far as maintenance goes? Anything I should look out for? Whatever I buy will have a manual trans and possibly a turbo.

And adding on to this question, how many KM on an Impreza/Forester would be too much to consider buying it at all? Though I know Subarus are generally reliable, I really doubt they're up to Lexus levels (where I'd consider buying a 20 year old with 200k km on it just because it's probably got 300k left). I would only intend on daily driving it for about 3 years, when I hope to be earning enough for a new car.

For example, today I'll be taking a look at an 03 WRX with 153k km (95k miles) on it. Dealer wants $11k CDN, and it's one of two WRXes in my area in my price range (the other is an 02 with 118k miles for $9.8k).

Of course I could take a step down to the TS/RSes but I really wanted the turbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU