Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
How difficult is a headgasket job in a 2.5 na subaru versus a more conventional engine? I imagine it's even more of a pain in the rear end compared to a nissan or something. This is something I might have to do to my old subaru which has since passed down to my little brother.

edit: 96 outback if it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

Ah, might as well just grab a low mileage longblock instead then. Thanks

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

I picked up a black 05 STi a few months ago and couldn't be happier. It's a huge upgrade from my 84 Jetta :) My first car was a 1st gen outback and I spent many winters sliding all over the place in that, so I'm pumped to be back in an awd car.

The car came with an invidia catless DP and megan catback as well as a blitz bov. It's a bit ricer for me but the car was from the south (I'm in upstate ny) and in really nice shape. It's also dropped which I don't much care for but swapping it out is no big deal now that it's getting warm out

lovely iphone image:

I do have a question, I currently have an AP running the 93 stage 2 map and I am getting creep in 4th gear up. From what I could find online it's because of the free flow from the DP, but I had thought the Accessport would clear that issue up with some sort of wastegate magic. I'm logging like 22.4psi in 6th. I know this is a common issue but I can't really sort out whats what on lovely forums like nasioc. Is the proper solution a ported wastegate or protune or what? I'd rather not spend the money on dyno time if it's not going to fix the issue. Also since this is only happening in the higher gears do you think an autocross this weekend would be safe? Thanks a bunch

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

Ok I had figured as much. I'll give that other map a shot but I'll probably end up porting anyhow and fix it properly. Suppose I'll have to sit out of the first autocross of the season :/ Thanks for the confirmation.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

Are Wrx and sti bypass valves the same part? I can my hands on a wrx part but want to make sure it will work ok.

My car is an 05 sti with a useless blow off that it's not tuned for.