Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precedence
Jun 28, 2010
DJ snake gets some cool sounds from what i'm pretty sure is a sampler. Like this . Is it possible to get that type sound with a soft synth? It seems to me like it's a fairly straight forward wave, but maybe it's more complicated than i give it credit for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

slowfreq posted:

i doubt you could make that sort of voice in at least any synth i know of. you'd be best off just sampling an acapella or something

okay. thanks for the quick response. I guess it's time to learn to use samplers.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Forgive the uneducated question, but how do people usually work drums (kicks, snares, hihats, etc.) into DAWs and trackers? Do people use VSTs for that, or are there sets of samples that you should use?

Depends on genre and style. Typically if you want real drums it's best to record the whole song or major parts like full chorus/verse. Next best thing would be loops already recorded with the pattern and sound you want. There are VSTs that emulate realistic drums but they can get pricy like anything else. There was a good article by future or computer music about making sequenced drums sound more realistic. For non-realistic drums samples are fine.

• Locked thread