Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
How can I get a heavy electro synth sound?

Perfect example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHqf9qw-GU#t=1m14s

From what I hear, the synth is acting as the lead and the bass at once, then the drums and vocal effect in the background. But I can't seem to get one that sounds like that or close to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

How do I make that vocoder effect on the vocals at 3:47?

on this track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jj3YbgX_w

I've played around with some vocoder VSTs before but i haven't gotten any sound like that out of them. Maybe it was the vocal sample I was using?

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

Yoozer posted:

A talkbox would be smoother.

This can be done by a vocoder; but instead of looking at the vocal sample (the modulator) - look at the carrier you're using, as well as the wet/dry settings. 2 oscillators, both saw waves, with one of 'm detuned -5 semitones.

Duplicate the vocal sample, cut away all but the high S- and T-sounds with an EQ, gate it to leave just the clicks, put a compressor over that, and mix it with the vocoded signal.

It depends on which vocoder you use - some simply don't have the particular character you're looking for, some do - they're not all created equal.

A bit too much speech coming in so it overpowers the vocoder. :ohdear:

I know the sample shouldn't matter but maybe because I'm trying them on rap acapellas?

edit: using orange vocoder demo

• Locked thread