Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
Crossposted from the "Trivial Questions" thread because I thought this thread was deceased and I'm a loving moron:

I'm trying to write a ridiculous pop song on a dare, and to see if I can do it, but I'm looking for a specific synth sound and I'm having a hell of a time finding the right one. I'm looking for the pad/chord sound under the verses in T-Pain's "Buy U A Drank". I know that the plucky melody thing at the beginning is in FM7/FM8 (specifically, the preset "Exciting), and I know that T-Pain is also a big Logic user, but I have both and I have no idea where to start looking. Can anyone help me ID this sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Early Cuyler
Jan 10, 2006

Fruit don't talk. Fruit just listen.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the sequenced synth sound at the beginning of this Goblin track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcOpsJYkxk

It doesn't sound like a terribly complex sound, but I'm not quite sure where to start. I have a huge jones for this weird late 80's italo-disco/horror synth stuff, and I know a lot of it is done on early Ensoniq gear/CS-80s, but I'm not quite sure how to set my synths up in terms of the actual sonic characteristics, and, honestly, this is late enough that it might not even be analog synthesis but some digital thing, in which case I'm probably screwed. Can anyone help me out?

• Locked thread