Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Since the new question thread bars discussion and cold weather (for some of us) is approaching I thought it would be good to have a thread to chat about bikes whenever the feeling strikes. The specificity of the other motorcycle threads don't really allow it and I'm sure (some) of us will be aching to post almost as much as our joints after a cold weather ride.

To start things off, I'm debating putting a yellow headlight on my bike as per webbikeworld's recommendation but after seeing how irritating it can be when a biker with one followed me for 10 minutes yesterday I'm not so sure anymore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pity bump.

Just kidding. Who's running an ignition advancer on their bike? Do you like it? I'm thinking of snagging one for the Bandit, as a cheap performance upgrade.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Phat_Albert posted:

Who's running an ignition advancer on their bike?

I cut a second notch into the stock rotor on my xj600 to give it a 5deg advance. It seems lie it was an increase threw the entire rpm range. I've been running it that way for over a year now and never had pinging even with cheap gas. Can't dyno the difference because the only local place doesn't allow bikes.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Pity bump.

Just kidding. Who's running an ignition advancer on their bike? Do you like it? I'm thinking of snagging one for the Bandit, as a cheap performance upgrade.

I've ridden bikes with and without them, and I'm of the opinion that unless you're stacking it with other mods, it's useless. So...airbox, exhaust, jetkit, and then maybe you'll see some gain from a jet kit. Bandit 12 may take to it more readily though.

Pics from my g/f's wadded SV after someone pulled in front of her. It was a mom teaching her teenage kid how to drive. Kid was making a left onto a 4 lane road from her right, pulled out and blocked both lanes. She swerved, would have made it, and then the kid apparently panicked, and let off everything, and the car just barely rolled forward enough to clip her front fork, tossing her from the bike and down the road. She said that she should have said gently caress it and swerved over the double yellow, instead of trying to make it work in the lane (no oncoming traffic).

She's alright, thanks to full gear, with some swelling and minor abrasions. Xrays came back ok. Multiple witnesses, so we should have no problems with insurance. Amazingly, the bike only lost coolant, was still full of oil.

Pics:
Boots:

Jacket:

Pants:

Bike:

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

Z3n posted:

Pants:

Would those happen to be tour master venture pants? I just bought a pair of those and if that's how they stand up to a crash that manages to scuff up leather something fierce then I'm rather impressed.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I would just like to say that I absolutely loathe the idiots who ride around with their helmets strapped to the side of their GSXR/CBR or whatever. These people look even dumber than the people who don't own a helmet at all.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

OrangéJéllo posted:

Would those happen to be tour master venture pants? I just bought a pair of those and if that's how they stand up to a crash that manages to scuff up leather something fierce then I'm rather impressed.

I believe so, yes. They did a great job, IMO. She caught something sharp as she left the bike, so you can see the chunk taken out of the bottom roughly lines up with whatever took a huge bite out of the boot. She didn't do a lot of sliding on the pants, but they protected relatively well.

angryhampster posted:

I would just like to say that I absolutely loathe the idiots who ride around with their helmets strapped to the side of their GSXR/CBR or whatever. These people look even dumber than the people who don't own a helmet at all.

Agreed. The reason that there are no pics of the helmet is because it never hit the ground. Both of the snaps that secure the visor disappeared for some reason...maybe EMT souveniers? :v:

It just so happened that there was a cop 4 cars ahead, and some EMTs and firefighters right around the corner, and the hospital was a half mile away. So she got very, very lucky in every regard. Everyone was very nice, very helpful, and mostly amazed that she hadn't gotten more hurt. Sucks to get a call saying "I crashed" at 9am, but she's ok, the bike is fixable or will be good for parts for my trackbike, and she'll buy something new or we'll fix this one up all pretty. As far as crashes goes, this one has been both lucky and not very severe in the grand scheme of things.

Thing that really sucks is that we had planned her first trackday for thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure if the bike will be back together by then :(

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 16, 2008

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
^^^ Crashing always sucks.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
So since we're discussing putting bikes together from crashed bikes, other bikes, etc, let's see some FrankenBikes!

The FrankenBeezer!

This was a BSA 650 unit twin in a Yamaha XS500 frame, built by a guy who teaches aircraft wrencing at the local college. It actually went through several phases during the time it spent at the Gnomestead.

As purchased.

I thought the paint job was a bit dowdy so I redded it up a notch.

Changed the seat to the one in the first pic after that, in that guise it really gave me wood-

hey, that counts as a prize winning show bike, right? I'm abuilder, w3rd!

Regis, this was my final answer.

That FrankenBike is BSA, Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, Home Depot and Sportmans Warehouse.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

angryhampster posted:

I'm assuming added to the end of that is 'instead of on their head'. Don't really see how carrying an extra helmet would irk anyone.

Also how is this any different than the guys riding a Harley with a bandana for head protection?

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I always figure ifit's a Frankenbike when I get it, it's fair game to do whatever I please. This was such a beast, a mid 90's Ducati 900SS, done up to look like the original SS series. Well, I guess that was the effect they were going for but as cool as this bike looked, it was not much fun to ride. Actually, darn near painful for an old pharte such as myself.

See those pipes? Just looking at them woke up your baby and set off your car alarm.

I took liberties with this over the winter, since I wanted to actually ride the thing without whimpering. Ebay and fiberglass were my companions over the winter, and in the spring I rolled out in this.

Some will revile this bike as an abomination, in some ways I would agree, but this bike would ride along all day like nobodies business and it was drat comfortable at speed or in town. So, that bike is Ducati/Moto Guzzi(the wheels are apparently Guzzi spoke rims)/Buell/6 roblees/homebrewed fiberglass.

I sold the Duck and the Beezer to help finance the GS, which probably means I have no soul at all. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Taisa posted:

I'm assuming added to the end of that is 'instead of on their head'. Don't really see how carrying an extra helmet would irk anyone.

Also how is this any different than the guys riding a Harley with a bandana for head protection?

Because you have the protection to stop most fatal accidents, but it's sitting, useless, on the side of your bike. You bought it, you care enough to carry it around with you, but you don't want to wear it? :iiam: They're almost always the super expensive race rep lids too.

Gnomad, those are some bad rear end bikes. The people who don't get it? gently caress'em ;)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
More of a stupid newb mistake I made, turning left at an intersection where I didn't have a clean line of sight into the opposing right lane, and of course there's a car coming towards me. Luckily we were both going pretty slow and both stopped with room to spare. Could have been bad, but I'll chalk it up to experience and resume my usually safer operation.

Nobody tried to merge into me, unlike Saturday, so that's a good thing. :)

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Taisa posted:

Yeah that's what I meant. It irks me because they have a lifesaver sitting next to them, looking pretty. All it is to them is an accessory. Harley guys with no regard for safety amuse me, but don't piss me off. Not sure why.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Since the new question thread bars discussion and cold weather (for some of us) is approaching I thought it would be good to have a thread to chat about bikes whenever the feeling strikes. The specificity of the other motorcycle threads don't really allow it and I'm sure (some) of us will be aching to post almost as much as our joints after a cold weather ride.

To start things off, I'm debating putting a yellow headlight on my bike as per webbikeworld's recommendation but after seeing how irritating it can be when a biker with one followed me for 10 minutes yesterday I'm not so sure anymore...

Do you not remember the AI state of the union thread that was only a few months ago? Whenever we have a motorcycle general discussion thread in AI all the motorcycle content gets sucked into one huge monster of a thread. New threads don't get made, and it gets hard to read about motorcycles unless you follow the thread closely.

I just want to understand what is it about motorcycles that you NEED to have a thread to hang out in. There is not an equivalent thread to this for the car side of AI. So a little over 3 months and this beast is back.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Coredump posted:

Do you not remember the AI state of the union thread that was only a few months ago? Whenever we have a motorcycle general discussion thread in AI all the motorcycle content gets sucked into one huge monster of a thread. New threads don't get made, and it gets hard to read about motorcycles unless you follow the thread closely.

I just want to understand what is it about motorcycles that you NEED to have a thread to hang out in. There is not an equivalent thread to this for the car side of AI. So a little over 3 months and this beast is back.

Well there are Miata threads, Subaru threads and etc so I don't see the difference. People who ride motorcycles just click and love talking about them.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Coredump posted:

I think sometimes I just want to talk motorcycles with someone, or even just read about it, but not anything in specific. I don't have many riding buddies so I can't really geek out about motorcycles with anyone who really understands. For instance, I hated the D&D exhaust on my ex500 up until moving to Savannah GA. Something about how the bike echo's off the buildings downtown here though really makes me love the exhaust note in a way I hadn't before.

Also are there any good websites with cross nation or state specific motorcycle roads. I haven't been able to find a single interesting twisty road around here yet and I need to lean the bike over a bit to keep myself sane. It's too the point where I look forwards to the squares here, cause I can actually lean the bike a bit.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Trintintin posted:

I think sometimes I just want to talk motorcycles with someone, or even just read about it, but not anything in specific. I don't have many riding buddies so I can't really geek out about motorcycles with anyone who really understands. For instance, I hated the D&D exhaust on my ex500 up until moving to Savannah GA. Something about how the bike echo's off the buildings downtown here though really makes me love the exhaust note in a way I hadn't before.

Also are there any good websites with cross nation or state specific motorcycle roads. I haven't been able to find a single interesting twisty road around here yet and I need to lean the bike over a bit to keep myself sane. It's too the point where I look forwards to the squares here, cause I can actually lean the bike a bit.

Honestly, I just use Google Maps. I know the terrain, roughly, of the area where I live, and I'll just start scrolling in interesting directions looking for roads. And then, with a rough image of the map in my head and a couple road names, I'll ride out there.

Though there are quite a few webpages devoted to this subject, if you know where to look.

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
...no more disruptive than Insight.

Trintintin posted:

http://www.motowhere.com/

This website has often given me some good suggestions in my area to check out - you might find the same. You can also submit routes that you find interesting! I also use it as a good planning tool in general.

the letter b fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 16, 2008

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

My trips have been planned by finding a cool destination, then using google maps to see as much as possible on the way there. If you have some nice waypoints on the way, like a good steak, a waterfall or a nice valley, it feels much more like an adventure than just a scenic detour. I also go all OCD...keeping up on remaining distance, calculating mileage, planning fuel stops etc etc ... and then breaking the plan as I see fit.

GPS is really fun and it does not distract you from riding any more than a map does, if you use it as a map and not like flight instruments for flying in clouds. Got a cheap car gps from Garmin and a rock solid mount from here: http://www.ram-mount.com/

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Coredump posted:

There is not a car equivalent, but there are car threads for every piddling announcement or flight of fancy. Whether it be the lower volume of riding posters, riders having more posting discretion, or something else entirely there haven't really been many/any motorcycle threads outside of the new for 2009 thread and the new question thread(other than projects). The posts in this thread probably wouldn't have been posted at all if this thread didn't exist. Discussion got barred in the questions thread to make information easier to find. This thread is specifically for shooting the poo poo, so what's the problem exactly?

If I remember correctly, sigtrap explicity stated that if we wanted a discussion thread we should make one instead of making GBS threads up the question thread. I took the advice, but if it's the colossal deal you're making it out to be this can be closed.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

There is not a car equivalent, but there are car threads for every piddling announcement or flight of fancy. Whether it be the lower volume of riding posters, riders having more posting discretion, or something else entirely there haven't really been many/any motorcycle threads outside of the new for 2009 thread and the new question thread(other than projects). The posts in this thread probably wouldn't have been posted at all if this thread didn't exist. Discussion got barred in the questions thread to make information easier to find. This thread is specifically for shooting the poo poo, so what's the problem exactly?

If I remember correctly, sigtrap explicity stated that if we wanted a discussion thread we should make one instead of making GBS threads up the question thread. I took the advice, but if it's the colossal deal you're making it out to be this can be closed.

Those car threads for every piddling announcement or flight of fancy are called content. And it easier to go back and find a specific thread when all of the post are not in a giant 300 page thread. I'm not sure I would call what the motorcyclist here on AI do "posting discretion". Most of the post in here had they been about cars would have been made into their own thread, which makes for easy, excellent reading and browsing. But instead no one can be bothered to make a thread for these things.

You know, if AI as a whole used the same "posting discretion" that the motorcyclist did we would have 10 to 15 gigantic threads. Does that sound like a forum you want to browse in? Nothing but megathreads?

The problem is this thread is going to become the new motorcycle megathread. Which means all motorcycle content is going to end up here, in one place. We discussed that having all that content is one big thread is a bad way to do things. Already in the few post that got made in this thread we have a crash report, a set of pictures that could have gone in the pictures thread, and a quick question. That's two threads that the content didn't go into, so the black hole effect is already starting.

Thing is, those post shouldn't even really go into the quick questions thread, or the motorcycle pictures thread. If the same amount of content was about cars, they would be in their own thread, which I and others think is the better way to do things.

So the colossal deal is the motorcycle megathread was a bad way to do things and I think it hurts AI on the motorcycle side of things.

shaitan posted:

Well there are Miata threads, Subaru threads and etc so I don't see the difference. People who ride motorcycles just click and love talking about them.

Specific make and model thread versus a thread that will cover the entirety of a subject. There's nothing wrong with wanting to talk about motorcycles, that's awesome and what we are here to do. But I don't know why it has to end up in as few threads as possible.

So, why is it so hard for you guys to make threads about this? Why do you want to stick it in giant general discussion threads all the time? I suggested a subforum so it would encourage more motorcycle threads but that got shot down. We killed the old megathread in hopes of spawning new threads and you guys don't want it to stay dead. I just want to understand WHY?

Twenty-Seven
Jul 6, 2008

I'm so tired

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

I think a couple of things that need to be taken into account are the comparitive infrequency with which some users browse AI and the far lower volume of motorcyclists and motorcycle enthusiasts. Motorcycle issues just don't have the general appeal that car/truck ones do. A great example would be Rossi winning MotoGP and the thread falling off the front page after ~10 posts...most from the same posters. If someone that would have been interested in the thread but not enough to search for it logged in the next day or a few days after there would be no way for them to know it was even discussed. Plus, that's an example of something everyone that cared was at least aware of... something personal or more obscure might as well have never existed. Your theory about making information easier to find is sound only if there is enough interest and participation to drive every single thread. There are multiple manufacturer and model specific car threads... on the motorcycle side outside of the SV650 that AI told everyone to buy a couple years ago this would result in a series of threads with participation that would make a rural population look like a thriving metropolis. Cars and motorcycles are not the same thing and the same number of posters are not interested in each. A LOT more people drive/care about/are obsessed with cars than motorcycles on this forum. I don't think the same logic is sound when comparing the two.

I fail to see why this is such a major issue, but again, if everyone wants this closed, then close it. We can go back to A.) not posting about motorcycles or B.) posting about motorcycles and watching the thread fall off the front page due to lack of generated interest. I must have not been browsing when all of this drama over motorcycle threads happened, but the result seems to be a lack of discussion. You were obviously at the forefront of all of this but other than making the questions threads and swooping in to criticize this one I have hardly seen you make a motorcycle related post here in months. I don't really see how a discussion thread which encourages people to post things that they might not want to make their own thread about is such a terrible thing that prevents legions of users from searching for a whole thread about how someone really likes the new R1 tail design.

I can understand how it could be alarming to see a crash report in here...but he already talked about it yesterday in passing and it seemed like he was disinclined to make a thread about it. That's his own prerogative. Regardless, it wasn't my intention for this to replace any and all motorcycle threads. It was to provide a place for people to spitball about smaller things since the motorcycle community here doesn't warrant a thread for every manufacturer/dual sports/dirtbikes/motards/sportbikes/cruisers/etc.

I'll probably never understand, anyway, since the whole "you're supposed to post that HERE" thing always struck me as anal to begin with. I understand that proper structure is important to having a successful forum, but to me the changes you tried to make failed. Bike threads aren't being generated, and the existing megathreads are stale with restriction. To me, discussion is good regardless of where it is, and this could be a place to have it. I don't share the same dramatic reaction to megathreads being a black hole because honestly, I just want posts to read. I'd rather have something that's occasionally a black hole but actually has active discussion than a properly organized forum with no discussion at all. Judging by the results of the megathread-elimination experiment the motorcycle posters here seem more inclined to swoop in and participate in these kinds of threads than make new ones. To me, that says that these are a good idea.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

On the one hand, it is nice to have a place to BS, but the problem is that people get so used to just coming into this thread to hang out that they post all the poo poo in here that would normally become individual threads if this thread didnt exist. Then this thread snowballs and becomes a big monster with chat, questions, pictures, projects, etc, and takes away from all the other threads that already are designed around that stuff.

Its too hard/pointless to police a thread like this to ensure that it stays just chat, and the line between chat and things that could go in other threads is far too blurry.

Sigtrappuu-chan we need your guidance ^______________________^

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 16, 2008

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Crossposting from the AI Marketplace

I'm selling my bike unfortunately, my student loan has started up and unless I plan on living on the streets in 2 months I need to get rid of this.

I still owe $3600 on it so I'm not making any profit on selling it, I just want it gone. I can give the bike up immediately but you won't be able to register it for 2 months since GE Money Bank won't release the title for that long..

Work done on it:

2.0 bars
Red vinyl stapled to back of seat where passenger sits
Banjo bolt flipped to fit the bars

Damage:

Nothing mechanically, I take really good care of my things (except when I fall), just visual stuff from lay downs, see pictures:

Left center fairing scratched from falling at <2 mph
Left foot peg broken in half but still usable
Both mirrors slightly scratched
Right tail fairing scratched
Right lower fairing scratched from falling <10 mph
Dent in gas tank

http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1359.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1361.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1362.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1363.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1364.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1365.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1366.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1367.JPG
http://sepwich.com/sep/bike/sale/100_1368.JPG

That price is not negotiable, I don't know where else you can get an 07 for with maybe $150 in repairs for this price. Please PM me or call me at 516-233-9934 if interested.

this is in Copiague NY

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Twenty-Seven posted:

I must see this video. Who is that with O'Reilly?

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

bung posted:

I must see this video. Who is that with O'Reilly?

Cam'ron (and Damon Dash's arm/finger).

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Coredump posted:

So, why is it so hard for you guys to make threads about this? Why do you want to stick it in giant general discussion threads all the time? I suggested a subforum so it would encourage more motorcycle threads but that got shot down. We killed the old megathread in hopes of spawning new threads and you guys don't want it to stay dead. I just want to understand WHY?

The thread is for discussion. Not questions, not new models, not pics. Discussion. The reason we'd keep this in one thread is the SAME reason there's a giant Miata thread; while there are many makes and models of motorcycles, just as there are three and soon four generations of Miatas, not everyone wants to discuss their one model. We had a CB Megathread for Hondas, and that made it three pages and archived. If you want, I'll open a thread for every pithy thing I can think of to discuss. It will receive one pity reply and disappear. Sometimes it's good to have the detritus in one area, because as a whole it's more interesting than it would be on its own.

The other threads still exist. I'm not sure why you think this one will make them disappear and get sucked into it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

FluffGrenade posted:

The thread is for discussion. Not questions, not new models, not pics. Discussion. The reason we'd keep this in one thread is the SAME reason there's a giant Miata thread; while there are many makes and models of motorcycles, just as there are three and soon four generations of Miatas, not everyone wants to discuss their one model. We had a CB Megathread for Hondas, and that made it three pages and archived. If you want, I'll open a thread for every pithy thing I can think of to discuss. It will receive one pity reply and disappear. Sometimes it's good to have the detritus in one area, because as a whole it's more interesting than it would be on its own.

The other threads still exist. I'm not sure why you think this one will make them disappear and get sucked into it.

Yeah, agreed. I'm not going to stop posting in the questions thread. And it's easy enough to say to someone "hey, that should go in the questions thread" so that other people can reference it. I'm sure we'll get some crosspost stuff, but if someone wants to talk about shinies/racing/leet motorcyclist poo poo or whatever, this is a place where conversations can follow their own threads without having to worry about making GBS threads up a thread that's supposed to be helpful.

If anyone is interested in reading some books, btw, I read Jim Redman's autobiography recently, and it's pretty entertaining. Interesting guy, competing at a very interesting and dangerous time for motorcycle racing. He also was the first rider to really push for safety for the riders, after having 3 of his friends die on the "track (often just city streets)" during events.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Z3n posted:

If anyone is interested in reading some books, btw, I read Jim Redman's autobiography recently, and it's pretty entertaining. Interesting guy, competing at a very interesting and dangerous time for motorcycle racing. He also was the first rider to really push for safety for the riders, after having 3 of his friends die on the "track (often just city streets)" during events.

That sounds awesome. I just started reading Code's Soft Science... and it's really good. I also FINALLY saw Faster after trying unsuccessfully to watch my friend's copy for over 2 years. I really, really enjoyed it and Ewan MacGregor's narration made me want to check out that enduro ride thing he did. Has anyone seen any of that?

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

That sounds awesome. I just started reading Code's Soft Science... and it's really good. I also FINALLY saw Faster after trying unsuccessfully to watch my friend's copy for over 2 years. I really, really enjoyed it and Ewan MacGregor's narration made me want to check out that enduro ride thing he did. Has anyone seen any of that?

You talking about the "Long Way Around" and "Long Way Down" shows? I really enjoyed them and bought both. For the first one, 'Around, make sure you get the UK version if you can, it's got extra footage the US one doesn't (though I think they fixed that but can't remember).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
i thought LWR rocked and LWD sucked.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

i thought LWR rocked and LWD sucked.

You read too much ADV. I thought LWR was good. I didn't even finish LWD. Have you checked out Race to Dakar yet?

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Long Way Down: waaah waah our free helmets might not get here waaaah waaah our staff might not get our travel papers in order in time waaaaaaaah.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Megathreads, chat threads, whatever - if it's all useful and people enjoy it, then yeah, there's probably no reason to create bogus restrictions. The problem before was that stuff was all crammed into the clubhouse megathreads, which grew at a rate of 215 pages per day.

At any rate, on to plan B

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Skier posted:

Long Way Down: waaah waah our free helmets might not get here waaaah waaah our staff might not get our travel papers in order in time waaaaaaaah.

That and the wife joining them. How you gonna let your wife tag along on a bro trip. gently caress that poo poo.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Silver posted:

That and the wife joining them. How you gonna let your wife tag along on a bro trip. gently caress that poo poo.

By having your bro trip accompanied by an armada of support vehicles with spares, medical supplies, fresh tampons, and big gaudy logos on the side.

Driven by a pompous whiny American who's face I wanted to kick.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Skier posted:

Long way around was def. a bit better. I need to watch the race to dakar.

If you like random motowritings, leanings and leanings 2 by peter egan are a nice look at a different side of riding from your usual "oh god I was going so fassssst" blab. It's just a collection of his columns from Cycle World, plus some other short stories. Good stuff. Nick Ienatch's Sport Riding Techniques is a good book too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

So, uhh.... is LWR worth watching at least? none of this really sounds like a ringing endorsement...