Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
They're waving :)

That generally is translated as "keep the rubber side down".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

meatpotato posted:

That's funny, on my road trip to SLO from Santa Cruz I was doing the exact same thing after passing the hundred billionth rider. I think the best one was when I actually got onto a 4-lane part of hwy. 1; I was in the right lane and a guy riding a GS was travelling the opposite direction on a frontage road on the other side of the freeway. Even though we were four lanes and probably 1/8th of a mile apart we exchanged the hugest goofiest waves possible.

:3:

I need to get the throttle lock on my streetbike so I can wave with my left hand. More poo poo to buy. :sigh:

My other favorite thing is waving when I've got a knee on the ground either at a trackday (to the camera) or on the twisties. You get some serious :psyduck: from people with that one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

Just drop the bike into neutral real quick. Then you can do the awesome double handed wave to really confuse people.

Depends on how many neutrals your bike has. Mine only has the consistant one between 1/2, at the moment, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Does anyone wave when cars let you pass? It hasn't happened that many times, but when I've been on great roads, having a good time and a car lets me pass I give them a big wave. It kind of has to be big since my left hand is busy and my right hand is obscured when I'm ahead.

"Oh god a biker, he's going to kill us, let him pass! Oh poo poo he just made a nazi salute, I TOLD you those guys are evil!"

I do, every time. Spreading a little goodwill never hurt anyone.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

I've been wondering about something lately. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with my bike and find myself going closer to the 100mph mark on highways, whipping down twisty roads over the speed limit, and sometimes even passing cars on one-lane roads (when there is plenty of room to do so). I tend to keep this behavior to mid-day weekdays (I'm unemployed now) or after 10pm weekdays, when the roads are fairly empty. This is common behavior, right? Or does it make me a squid? I really just want to enjoy my bike, but I don't want to look like a jackass, either.

What people don't see is between you and god. Just make sure people don't see it, wear your gear, and try to avoid outriding your sight lines. There are some roads that I like specifically because they offer really good sight lines through the corners, so you can up the pace a little bit and still be safe and ok.

When passing, I will pass on a DY as long as it's safe and I can do it without strafing the gently caress out of the car. I always wave when I go by as a little thank you/please don't hate me type thing. People who bitch about passing on DYs, well...what, are the roads getting more unsafe as they remove passing zones? Use common sense and give them the chance to use turnouts, and if they aren't polite about letting you by, then pass them where you can safely.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gnaghi posted:

Yeah it seems like prepping an older SV wouldn't be too much trouble or money. How do those bikes compare to bikes like the Ninja 250 for learning how to race? From my understanding I could learn on my Buell XB9S as well as an SV, but it just wouldn't be as competitive.

SVs are pretty much the best cheap race/trackbikes money can buy at the moment. Loads of aftermarket, loads of them out there, tons of spares. I wouldn't recommend a ninja 250 for a trackbike because the closing speeds are too extreme. When you're doing 105 down a straight, maxed out, and a literbike is coming up on you at 170mph, it's dangerous and not very fun. An SV will keep those closing speeds to something a bit more reasonable.

First: Don't buy a bike and convert it. Find someone that's already done all the work for you and profit off of their devaluation.

I don't know how popular 650 Superbike classes are out in the rest of the country, but out there, you can find a nice, solid 70hp SV for around 3-3.5k. It should have every trackday mod needed (aftermarket rear shock, gsx-r front end/upgraded stocker, exhaust, and track plastics/sliders). For 5k you can get either a 90hp handgrenade or a 80hp reliable bike (flatslides, cam swap, busa pistons), plus fully built everything else (aftermarket subframe, fairing stay, etc). Either of those bikes could be put on the podium at a 650 race by a skilled rider.

I wouldn't want to flog a buell on the track, it's hard on the engine, and that goes double for aircooled ones. You want something that'll take abuse and keep coming back for more.

The only downside to SVs is that they run skinnier tires than most, but plenty of tire manus still make loads of tires in that size (due to supermoto). I'll be running the new Michelin Power Ones my first race season. Also, SVs don't eat through tires like I4s, which is nice as well...I was getting upwards of 7 days on a set of tires for awhile while running fast B/slow A. Now I tend to get 3-5 days out of tires.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

Honestly? Don't worry about being competitive your first year (or two) out, just get a feel for how different going fast on the track is. I ended up buying a GSXR600, and because it was sooooo much faster than what I ride everyday on the road, it took quite a while to get over the holycrapimgoingtodiethisistoofuckingfast and into actually paying attention to where I was and what I was doing on the track. Tracks usually have classes for the 500cc twins, like the EX500 or GS500, and while they'll never set any sort of land speed record, they are cheap as chips to run, and will allow you to pay attention to what you're doing on the track.

Traffic on a track has always been (and will likely be again this season) my one major problem. I'm far more concerned about being run into (or running into) other riders, that I probably should be. This isn't helped by the fact that my one really major crash involved lowsiding into another rider. :(

You could always just prep your Buell and go have fun on a track day. Just make sure you've got good gear and frame sliders.

That last part should really be emphasized a bit more. Trackdays can be a little terrifying until you get used to them, and then they're the most fun that you can have with your pants on. They're not for everyone, so it's def. best to go out to the track first with a bike you're comfortable with and go see if it's for you before dumping a bunch of money on a track bike. The things that make a trackbike great are rarely the things that make a good streetbike, so even if you get a street legal SV/600/whatever trackbike, chances are it'll be a poo poo streetbike.

Riding my SV taught me how to pass in the corners, cause there's no way in hell I'm passing anyone on the straights. It's just like anything else on a motorcycle...requires commitment, and a lot of it. No second guessing anything.

I've been doing trackdays for a year seriously, and had a handful of them before that. I'm only recently starting to get fast enough to do decent in racing. I can tell, however, when I take rides on my friend's 600s, that when I move up to one in a year or 2, I'm going to have all of the tools I need to go fast, comfortably, and will be pretty quick out the door. Learning on a slow bike teaches you how to manage stuff at a pace that's easier to comprehend, and the consequences tend to be less extreme should you get in over your head.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

waptang posted:

How do you guys recommend getting started with track days? Do you just show up with a prepped bike and gear and have at it, or is there normally a class-like intro for the new guys?

Ideally, hook up with some experienced trackday riders in your area or make some friends who want to get into it and go together. You can just show up with a prepped bike and gear and go at it, but half of the fun is the community and the bench racing :)

As to classes: Some providers will have introductory stuff, some will not. It depends on the area and the provider. If you're out in california, most of the bigger trackday providers have some sort of intro school. Most of them also have instructors on site if you want someone to follow you around and give you some tips.

Gnaghi posted:

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys. My initial plan was to do a couple track days with the Buell and go from there. If I like it I'll look into a prepped SV. That's crazy that tires only last 3-7 days, I had no idea that you could burn them up that fast.

Ahh, yeah. I'm budgeting for replacing tires every raceday. A fast rider on a 600 or a literbike will burn a rear in 2 races (14 laps). Fronts tend to last a little longer, but not much.

Simkin, if you're only getting half a day out of the tires and you're not on the podium every time, you probably have some suspension issues or tire pressure issues to sort out.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

It's a short oval circuit, so we're on the left edge of the tyres for a good 2/3 of the lap. Even though the races are quite short, it's still more than enough time to get a set of SC0 or SC1 up past where they're happy operating. The guy who ended up winning most of the races last year (also on a GSXR600, but really, really slick suspension and engine-wise) had a brand new set of SC1 that he burned through in the course of one night. The set that I had on were take-offs, so I probably shouldn't have been shocked to only see half a night's use.

I'm currently running an older set of Michelin Pilot Power Race, and they've lasted me fine through three nights of racing and a few practice nights as well.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. A lot of time people don't understand that they really should be running the hardest compound that they can to minimize wear. Soft stuff is great but if you can't really exploit the grip, then you're better off with a tire that'll give you slightly less overall grip but more consistant grip over a longer period of time.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Too many dealerships are letting the experienced techs go because they get paid so much more than some scrub newb.

That 88 is exactly the same, mechanically, as any modern one, your tech is an idiot.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

An equally persuasive argument could be made that if you're living in California you're doing it wrong.

Not that I have any beef with Cali, but there is plenty of amazing riding elsewhere.

All I can say is...year round racing and riding. Wera races 12 months of the year.

There's a lot that sucks about Cali...but I wouldn't trade the weather and the riding community in the bay area for the world.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

How do you guys stay warm on long trips? I am planning to do a 3 hour trek in 30 degree weather on saturday to bring a bike home.

Heated grips! Never gonna have a bike without them again. :glomp:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Christoff posted:

Am I late? Just came across this. Copy/paste

"kid puts up craigslist ad for stuntin' lessons, has experienced riders show up...video and severe forum e-thuggin follows, as well as selling his bike haha"

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/113-stunt-bike-videos-reviews/244741-midcal-stunters-idol-riders.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5660837409269107975&hl=en

Fortunately they were "midcal." Don't want any of that bad rep here in So Cal, ya know.

Oh god, what the gently caress.

The "yut uggghhhh" bit is hilarious though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I was checking my bank statement recently...

I spend over 65% of my total income on motorcycle related things.

So...in my experience, riding a motorcycle is a lovely way to save money. :shobon:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

You've just made me feel so much better about the amount I spend.

Can't put a price on the things you love. :v: There's some additional stuff in there that I haven't sorted out just yet, but...yeah. This is for the last couple of months.

So I live paycheck to paycheck to fund it...who cares. :)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 19, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

What? This doesnt even make sense. Since when are BMW's the only bike that can do high mileage? Since when is 40K the end?

Most people don't count bikes as going over 40k because honestly who's seen a sportbike over 40k.

I've owned 3 (52k, 49k, 140k). Maybe more, counting the bikes where no one knew how many miles they had on them. With good care, any modern bike should do at least 200k.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MrKatharsis posted:

Unless it's a 70's/80's CB750 and the starter chain breaks at 40k miles, requiring a full engine teardown.

For all of Honda's LEGENDARY RELIABILITY, I sure don't see a lot of high mileage examples(again, Goldwings excepted).

Define "high mileage". My 929 had 50k on it when I sold it, and it still ran like a top. Valves only needed adjustment roughly every 2 intervals, which means that they were adjusted at 16k, and they were still good at 45 when I checked them. They probably would have gone to 65k+ easily. I've seen a number of 600RRs over 50k, and F4is with the same. VFRs as well...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Hahaha, :wtc: : http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/mcy/1040761737.html

Guy asking $1000 for a set of Harley leathers. Mind you, 1k for a lovely vest, lovely chaps, and a lovely jacket, none of which are armored/waterproof/worth a good goddamn.

Oh, and a used helmet :downs:

Oh, some mouth breathing retard will pay that...because they're 2k from the dealership. :rolleyes:

Phat_Albert posted:

Right, a well-cared for example probably wont need any maintenance, let alone "need to be cared for like an alzheimer's ridden relative".

Cycle Asylum: RELIABILITY ARGUMENTS

How does Alzheimer's ride people anyways?

Let's take the CB200 for an example:

Found in a dumpster, not running. Pulled off all of the extraneous crap (e-start, etc). Changed the oil. Cleaned the carbs up, didn't replace anything.

Some new plugs, oil down the cylinders, kick it through a few times, and one good kick, and it started right up. It's been running for around 5k, now, no maintenence, learner bike for 5 people, used as an offroad beater, on road beater, I abused the poo poo out of it, my g/f took it to max speed (65mph, :woop:) and held it there on freeway trips.

So...my experience is, if you see something with a Honda badge in a dumpster, it's probably worth picking up.

The thing about the older Japanese bikes is they're hilariously overbuilt. They understood the basics behind building a motorcycle, but the major stuff got industrial strength components to avoid any reliability issues, and what you end up with is a bike that doesn't have a electrical system worth a drat but as long as you can get spark to the cylinders, it'll run until the world ends.

A well cared for example probably would still have the electric start, even. And you wouldn't have bothered to drizzle oil down the cylinders before the first start.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

OrangeFurious posted:

My first bike was a '98 Honda Shadow ACE 1100 with 48k on the odometer when I bought it. It came with maintenance records showing every service done by the dealer, usually a few dozen miles early. It spent seven months of the first year in the shop due to compression issues, valve issues, airbox issues, electrical issues and random little poo poo snapping off issues. The chrome flaked, the OEM bolts rarely fit the OEM holes and it was in general a (beautiful) piece of poo poo.

In it's defense, the original dealer was LA Cycle Sports (OTD Cyclesports) in Ingelwood CA. I wouldn't be surprised if they hosed it up every time it went in. This is the same shop that needed five attempts to change the head gasket on a Speed Triple. They also lost my bike for a while, so who knows what's going on over there.

I still believe in Honda reliability, but only based on anecdotes from friends. I'm not saying I'd never own one again, but I'd never buy one as a daily rider.

Sounds like you got a lemon...valve issues, compression issues, those aren't something that you should be running into on any bike at 48k from any of the major makers these days. The cosmetic stuff I could just be due to uncaring storage, and the OEM bolts not fitting the OEM holes is something I have never seen in any bikes I've ever worked on, it honestly sounds like the dealership seriously hosed it over. One of those things would throw me off, but the whole laundry list plus the dealership "losing a bike", is just too much.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

OrangeFurious posted:

My vote is for dealer incompetence more than anything else. I recall hearing a rattle when I picked it up from their first attempt at repairs.

I found a socket wrench in the airbox.

Christ, I'd forgotten about that.

I have left a socket wrench in the airbox of the truck though.

Ola posted:

There's one clever way of avoiding this though. If I could buy a crashed GSX with a sound frame, I could import a Brit GSX and move all the parts over, no such thing as a salvage title here. But I suppose a naked bike won't get totalled unless the frame's bent... but it's an idea.

G/f's Z1000 was totaled without frame damage. It's a possibility...parts are expensive.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Sounds like you have an excuse for a ride to Minnesota. Anyway, I'll let the smelly fish clear my vision and see my bike as a fully usable ride for several years to come. I'll stick to googling for cool, high bang-for-buck upgrades

Just think of those amazing roads, and amazing views as being paved with pure money :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I have a friend who owned a SXV...teeth problems is an understatement. That bike spent half of it's life in the shop. It was a wonderful bike for the rest of the time, just absolutely absurd, but the maintenence schedule was deadly and the bike never worked right due to manufactering problems.

He also had a DRZ400SM with the baseline mods (carbs, etc) and it was great. I'd take one of those in a heartbeat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

mutt2jeff posted:

Was it a first gen? the first gens are widely regarded as having horrible engines. Supposedly they are significantly better now.

It was a first gen that had the cases redone with the correct sealent (supposedly) but he still had problems with it even after that, and it went back into the shop. When he finally got it back, the honeymoon was over and he sold it. To buy his 3rd DRZ400SM.

Yeah, he's got a sickness.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

Does he just buy them and run them for a year, until the new MY (shinier, prettier colours) comes out? Or does he just somehow manage to put enough wear and tear on it that he goes through a bike that quickly?

He's well off and a chronic buyer/seller. He'll buy something, mod it for awhile, ride it for awhile, and then sell it, only to buy something new later. All of his bikes are mint. AFAIK, he's owned 2 RC51s, 3 DRZ SMs, a SV street and an SV racebike, a number of ducatis (748, 916), an assortment of SMs (aprilia SXV, Huskys). He likes the oddball stuff and exotica.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 21, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

To be fair, if you put an FCR carb, cam, full exhaust and different gearing on a DRZSM, its about as much as anyone would need out of a supermoto on the street. Still not quite 450 motocrosser territory, but enough to keep pretty much anyone happy.

Plus you still get the easy maintenance.

That's my endgoal for a sumo, although I'm torn between that and finding some older motocrosser that's not street legal and just using it at the supermoto tracks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd check that you're not getting some sort of ignition lockout somewhere. Only getting spark when you push start it sounds supiciously like a kickstand lockout having issues.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Try draining the float bowls (there should be a drain screw on the bottom of the carbs) and adding as much new gas as possible.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Trintintin posted:

Wondering the same, because I also am as well.

Good news today, I got my bike back this morning (88 Ninja 500)! Bad news is even though it runs, it runs like complete loving rear end. I have no idea what is wrong with it, and when I called the mechanic he said it was probably bad gas, and to let it run the gas out before I worry. The bike feels like its running without an exhaust on it, because I ran it with just straight headers for a week a year ago, and it feels identical. It is ok, but still sluggish, until about 6k rpm, and then from 6k rpm and 10k it will basically stop pulling completely and stay at maybe 8k rpm's at best. The exhaust note is also a bit deeper than what it was, and completely different sounding once it hits that 6-7k rpm mark (almost deep like a harley, instead of higher revving like it should sound).

I think it could be a few things, my first thought was that the carbs aren't properly synched, but I don't know how that would feel. My other thought is the dumbass mechanic had no loving idea how to properly tune my bike to my jet kit I have in it after dicking around in my carbs for a week the jets are completely out of wack. I'm happy it can get me places now, but I seriously am sick of having a bike that will not run properly (especially when I pay people to make it run properly). I'm debating just throwing it on craigslist and being done with it.

Sounds like it's only firing intermittantly on one cylinder, just like BotchedLobotomy's GS500. So...sounds like the mechanic hosed it up. I'd be PISSED at any mechanic who said "oh it sounds like bad gas", fucker, drain that poo poo and do your job properly. How do you know if it's fixed if it's not running right? Useless.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

jujube posted:

Anyone here have any experience with the Ducati 748/916?
Can you daily drive it without becoming a hunchback? Is maintainance really that expensive? I'd like to hear some opinions.

I'll probably to upgrade to one after putting some more miles on my sv. It's gonna be either a 748/916 or a VTR :)

I know some people who daily their ducs. I can't do it. You need to sit on one and figure out if it fits you or not. Maintenence costs depend on how much you want to DYI and how decent your local dealership is.

VTR is the cheaper, more comfortable option, although it's got a particularly small gas tank, and the 50mm carb sucks gas an unbelievable amount if you're heavy on the throttle.

See if you can snag a test ride on each one. They're very different bikes.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

fronkpies posted:

My cbr 125 has a brake probem, at least i think it is.

The back brake feels like its stuck on/seized, making the bike impossible to ride. when i press the back brake the light doesnt come on, so im guessing its seized.

No idea how im going to get it to a garage to have it repaired though.

Oh, easier way: Pop the bleed screw and let the excess pressure out of the caliper. Just loosen it, some brake fluid will squirt out, and tighten it back down once it stops squirting. It may be a little mushy if you let out too much brake fluid or get a little air in the caliper, but if you're just taking it to get fixed, that's the easiest way.

Buy a TLR with the suspension work already done. Any decent rider on one will have done it, so no big deal...they're cheap and fun.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

LastCaress posted:

drat I had a flat tire and then at the garage they detected some problems with the engine so now they're going to open it to see what's wrong. I just hope it's fixable, but it'll be very expensive (2005 CBF250 with 36k km :\)

What "issues" did they detect? I hope you're not being taken for a ride, there should be nothing wrong with that bike at that mileage. Remember that they need a signed work order to do the work, and that you don't have to pay if they do a bunch of bullshit that you didn't authorize.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

mithrin posted:

Here is the Ninja 250 I was looking at that Sloppy mentioned. I emailed the guy and he said he would knock off a couple hundred for not including the helmet and the jacket.

Basically, I want to know if this is a good deal or not. It's my first bike and I want to make sure the price tag suits the bike.

Offer him 14 without the gear, and go up to 15, maybe 16. Otherwise, walk. 9 year old bike, and I'd be leary...if the disc is that rusty, when was the chain lubed last? This screams of a sitting bike, which bikes generally do not like.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Real riders dont use the rear brake :smug:

Of course, all real riders are also found on ninja 250s...it all makes perfect sense now! :shobon:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

That sort of poo poo is region specific - around here, your bike would likely be impounded, for having an no rear fender, signal lights that appear to be present in name only, an inadequate/non-stock tail light, and improper mounting of the license plate. That's just here, though (wooo BC). Maybe in your neck of the woods, you can just communicate with your friendly five-oh using hand gestures and telepathy. :rolleyes:

CA is really hit or miss on enforcement.

I'd make sure that the tail light is bright enough, and hang some turn signals out there too.

Rear fenders are for lamers (no actually i love having a rear fender on my streetbikes).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Simkin posted:

I like fenders because where I live, there exists this peculiar natural phenomenon, wherein tiny motes of dust accumulate in the upper atmosphere, accruing airborne H20 molecules. Eventually, these spheroids reach some critical mass, and are drawn inexorably towards a larger gravitational mass. Once these droplets have reached the outer surface of this larger body, they are at a state of temporary equilibrium, until disturbed by the motion of a passing body, which draws them back up, in some cruel mimicry of their process of formation. Occasionally this strange dance occurs immediately prior to the traversing of that space by another large, moving object. Fortunately, I have a simple device to cause the cessation of tangential velocity of these outward droplets.

TL,DR: Use a loving fender, you asshat. It's not for you, it's for every other bloody person on the road. :argh:

It's california, we're too busy crashing when it starts raining to be bothered by the lack of other people's fenders.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Christoff posted:

Wait, what? Does this depend on the state? As far as I know in CA you don't keep the plates unless they're personalized.

Yeah, it depends on state. CA the plates go with the car unless they're personalized.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Twenty-Seven posted:

Hi pals, settle an argument I'm having with a cohort. If you are pushing a bike to its limits or perhaps just pegging it really high in the rev range, you could be said to be "________ing it out".

I say the correct spelling is wringing, as in you're wringing out every ounce of power the bike has. My buddy thinks it's ringing, like you're making the exhaust note ring or something I don't know his argument is stupid and he's wrong and I'm right ... right?

I've always heard it as "wringing it's neck". It wouldn't make sense to "ring it's neck". You wring the throttle, you don't ring the throttle.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

verb: twist, squeeze, or compress in order to extract liquid

Pretty drat accurate.

Isn't exhaust some sort of liquid? :science:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Nerobro posted:

My brain seems to process bicycles as motorcycles. I end up waving to them as well. I get weird looks in return.

I wave to motorcyclists on my bicycle. I get funny looks and the occasional wave.

I assume that a lot of motorcyclists are bicyclists and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

nskowyra posted:

need help, maybe posted a nsfw pic, over in the " i love honda thread" anyone want to help a brother out? I dont know how to link a nsfw pic...

can i just leave it how it is?

thanks

posting this in the qustions one too if i dont get an answer soon from someone here or sigtrap

Change the tag around it from (img) to (url), just use [] instead of ().