Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
Sorry to hear about your crash, hows the bike?

Before i even rode a bike i thought other riders where overreacting about how cars take no notice of them, but now that i actually ride i notice it everyday. The thing that annoys me most is when they see me coming and they slow down, but then decide "No i can make it if im quick" and then speed up to try and get out before me. Sheer stupidity.

For anyone interested i submitted this to MCN the other week.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/user/2008/November/Reflections-of-a-19-year-old-idiot/?&R=EPI-104094

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

8ender posted:

The Suzuki dealer near me happily worked on my 66' Yamaha when it needed a rear tire put on and a safety check. The mechanic was really excited about it and asked if he could take it for a spin around the parking lot.

As a mechanic in training (car mechanic sadly) this is the sort of enthusiasm I want to have, it usually reflects how good of an overall mechanic you are.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

blugu64 posted:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

January 2nd 2009. GOD BLESS TEXAS

Majority of America riders dont know how lucky they have it. *sigh*

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

My cbr 125 has a brake probem, at least i think it is.

The back brake feels like its stuck on/seized, making the bike impossible to ride. when i press the back brake the light doesnt come on, so im guessing its seized.

No idea how im going to get it to a garage to have it repaired though.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

Learnt a vital lesson for my future career as a mechanic today. Always check the simple things first.

My bike has been misfiring (either bad spark plug, faulty plug lead, valve clearance or timing, probably timing, going into the shop on friday anyway for a service) so last night I adjusted the idle speed, was running fast, and then had a look at the spark plug, all looked well so I locked the bike up and went to bed.

Woke up this morning and the bike wouldnt start, convinced it was the idle Ii fiddled about with it for half an hour, draining the battery in the process like an idiot, and also messing the idle up even more. Tried to bump start the bike for 25 minutes, in first, second, third but nothing was working, thoroughly pissed off I locked the bike up, then noticed the spark plug lead dangling loosly, I forgot to put it back on.

So I had to bump it again, and do the idle again.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

Orange Someone posted:

I can't imagine not wearing kit. I mean, we don't have the temperatures that you guys can have, but it's bleeding windy at speed, and the jacket and gloves make it comfortable.

Same, and if you have ever came off a bike its then you realise what wearing all this stuff does for you, especially the helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

Phat_Albert posted:

Wow, the guy who owned my Bandit before me must have ridden the rear brake for like 10,000 miles or something. The rear brake has always felt like crap on the Bandit. I changed the fluid, but it didnt help.

I finally had the rear wheel off over the weekend during an (unsuccessful) attempt to mount a Hayabusa shock in place of the stock bandit unit, and I found that the rear pads are totally glazed. Like shiny and brittle like glass glazed.

I guess that explains their shittyness.

Hows the disk? any scoring or anything?

What was the trouble with the shock?