Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Hmmm, we got a family cat and I got a bike at roughly the same time period. Also, I cleaned the catbox and went for a ride during which I saw a buck ten on the clock through a somewhat residential neighborhood. So yes, riding really is an infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Bucephalus posted:

I'm 2 years shy of 40, but this is only my 3rd year riding. I think I've subconsciously concluded that I need to get that sort of thing out of my system before I'm too old/tired/smart to enjoy it. I dunno.

I'm just shy of the half-century mark and hang with riders older than myself. The good news is that you never get that out of your system. The better news is that as you get older and the kids don't need braces or food or crap like that, the financial ability to attempt to get that out of your system improves greatly.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

redscare posted:

The answer is "retards." Gixxers, R1s/R6s, etc, are bought far more frequenty by retards than FZ1s and VFRs. Your average squid isn't going to buy an FZ1 because it "looks gay" or something similar, while the R1 is going to get him all the bitches. Said squid is a lot more likely to bin his bike into a car and thus be at fault.

You should check the comprehensive and collision rates. Sportbikes are astronomically expensive for both, with the former being ridiculous thanks to theft rates.

And the bikes are stolen for parts to repair crashed bikes...it'sa vicious cycle. Crash one, steal one to fix it, crash it again steal another.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Well, here's hoping the $8.99 Priller shirt isn't a scam.