Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt

Doctor Zero posted:

Except for having wheels, that sounds perfect. :quagmire:

Haven't spent much time in England eh? :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

Z3n posted:

This is why literbikes with handlebar kits are the poo poo for real world road riding. If you can handle the temptation. My 929 had a really nice engine for around town, got good gas mileage, was just a great bike all around, the only reason I sold it was because the ergos sucked a bit. I should have just put bars on it and kept riding it.

I have to say sometimes I feel like I'm riding a really cool-looking scooter since I rarely have to shift out of 1st when riding around on city streets, though.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

Linedance posted:

I'd be scared too, from what I've been hearing from my local Aprilia garage. They have a 2003 Caponord in there that they can't get parts for because Aprilia doesn't make them anymore. My '06 Pegaso is in the shop right now for a new chain and sprockets and the all three parts had to come from 3 different sources, all of them not the factory as the factory didn't have any. And I'm in England, it's not like they have to cross the Atlantic. If it isn't a Tuono, an RSV, or a Shiver derivative, I'd make sure you've got a reliable parts source before going Aprilia. Great bikes, well built and reliable but spares are an issue.

Interesting, I have an RSV but I've never had problems getting parts and I completely overhauled my rear brake system. I'm in the US. This is the only site you ever need if you go Aprilia:

https://www.af1racing.com

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

the walkin dude posted:

My 2001 Honda Accord was apparently stolen last night. Now I am car-less and wholly dependent upon my Ninja 250 & 500. As terrible as this is, I can't stop a smile from escaping out upon my face. Car-free.

I'll have to suppress it when the cop comes.

There's a decent chance the cops will find it soon sans cat and battery. Not to rain on your parade or anything :).

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

frozenphil posted:

Maybe Thursdays are the most dangerous day of the week to ride since everyone is just thinking about the weekend and how it is almost Friday or some poo poo?

I guess, I had a bad start to my morning commute too. Some Harley-riding rear end in a top hat came up behind me and was lane-sharing with me which I REALLY don't like. I couldn't see him either, he was hovering exactly in my blind spot. The only reason I even knew he was there was because I could hear his bike. Dick.

The end of my ride made up for it though. The street I rode down to park on had a bus unloading in front of me, which was annoying at first but then all the kids in the back of the bus started waving. So I waved back, then I revved the bike and they all started jumping up and down and waving like crazy. It was pretty cute.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

So today I saw something interesting during my ride. There was a red convertible on the other side of the highway from me that was on fire. It wasn't just smoking either, oh no. There were flames shooting out of it at least 5 feet high. I didn't realize that happened in real life, it looked like something out of a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

You guys are oh so very wrong, matching your bike is awesome .

I'm sorry your bikes don't look good enough that you'd want to do that:colbert:.