Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Where it's at!
I got two Dad bikes and another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
on one ride through Forks of the Credit some dude on a Triumph passed me in my own goddamn lane going 30km over. Like, dude, if you're gonna get impatient, just cross the yellow and get the gently caress as far away from me as possible.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah saw some dude on a proper scooter wearing just a bicycle helmet. Like, do better.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Deffo one of the Honda 250cc 4s, silly thing with a 20,000 redline.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

ive had a guy think my er6 was a zx6r and im like lol no, but thank you i do think it looks cool
A little kid thought my Bandit S was a Hayabusa, and there's no way I was gonna say anything other than "Hey, thanks!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
*chugs unleaded*
"Don't drink your calories!"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
*slaps cover of OED*
This bad boy can fit so many loving exceptions in it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
En français, c'est la dampeneuse.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nuts rattled while U wait

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha how did I miss that title change

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There was some random van mostly unmarked but with a small "MotoGP46" sticker on the back. Wonder if Vale has some big marketing push going on in Canada lol.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Now I wanna see the RS version

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

cursedshitbox posted:

They're Sport tourers with a body lift.
Much like the suv segment is a wagon with a body lift.

They're not actually good at doing anything, just decent enough at most everything and looks good at the local cafe despite never having ever seen a fire road.
CUV is the lifted wagon.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah I see those Emmo ones all the time in Toronto.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ulf, that owns!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
There's some cheaper Cortechs that can take armor for close out: https://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/pants/reinforced_jeans_and_cargos/cortech/ventura_jean.html

I have something similar and no regrets so far, but also no crashes :)

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

Most crashes happen within 5 miles of home they say
poo poo, I'd better move!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol you had me fooled with the fake spoiler at the bottom

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Uncut gas only

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
At least up until this year, Shell's top grade was ethanol-free in Ontario, so I'd always do a full tank of it right before storage.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Aw, the organic lubricant fell out :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

some kinda jackal posted:

I could have used those hippo hands today. Two hours at 3c. I don’t care how heated my grips are, I was hurting at the end :|
Want a cheap set of never-used Barkbusters?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I keep thinking the black bar is a spoiler lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

besides my two hondas i also have a husqvarna sewing machine and a yamaha electric keyboard and another yamaha set of speakers
How many stitches per litre on that Husky?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I got used to freeway riding doing 427 & 401 on weekend rides out to see my folks, so it wasn't the hellbent for death commuter traffic, and that made it a bit easier to get used to.

Evening rush hour on the QEW heading east I've only done a couple of times pre-pandemic, and I found that more stressful than the 401 lol. But then again, it's a road I'm not used to, so being extra aware of trying to find my exit and navigating etc. would be more stressful than one I know well. So idk

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 10, 2024

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Hahahagaga

Last fall we were out visiting my inlaws and I basically had to barge from Leslieville to Etobicoke and back in under an hour at rush hour, mostly on Lakeshore, and I'm afraid I got a little Mister Wheeler, MOTORIST with the rentacar
Man those old Goofy cartoons were the best. I got the DVDs and immediately watched the baseball one a couple of times.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

epswing posted:

My "hack" is just to enter the ramp in the leftmost lane, so it's just one lane-change onto the 427 proper. Your detour is better though.
lol yep, was gonna say the same thing. Stay in the left of the two exit lanes, then when the 2 lanes from the 427 proper join, scoot over to the leftmost of those four, and your in good shape when the 2 more come in on the left from the westbound 401 exit. Then I try to get far left again for the eventual Gardiner exit at the bottom.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

The other trick, at the other end of the 427 (which is a bit of a judgment call because you have to make the call pretty early, so you're doing it on gut feel and some visual cues and it isn't always better), is to take the Brown's Line exit and take the cloverleaf loop back on to the Gardiner. It does have the advantage of getting you on to the Gardiner earlier, so you don't risk getting squeezed on to the collectors or have to fight that battle. And it's a pretty tight radius turn, which is fun if there's nobody in front of you.
Neat! Never would've tried that.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
It can be two things! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

helno posted:

I went to Portugal this spring and the motorcycle culture there is such a different vibe than Canada.

So many small bikes and scooters. Rarely saw what would be considered normal or standard here.
Hell, Ontario vs BC is already a big gap, just because of the weather.