Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Goddamn it!

Now I'm rocking out to this trippy quasi funk chill trance poo poo.

Gladius...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Zenaida posted:

On my SV650N, the screw tightens a nut against a rubber bushing, which expands and holds the thing inside the handlebar tube. On my SV650S, it's just a threaded hole in the clipon that the screw goes into.

My 650S has the bushings in the clipons...

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
yea second.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Whoa Whoa Whoa, What's the deal with plated KLX300s? Is it hard to plate them or something or what?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I'd buy that. Like you shouldn't buy it and I will come buy it now.

Do we have a dirtbike thread?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Where are you located? I'm not really joking about coming out to buy one for a price like that. That's 3 grand off, loving 30% off.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
You can use your passenger pegs as an easy mounting point for bungees.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Phat_Albert posted:

"ridden by" implies movement, when you're moving and gawking in a window you can rear end someone.

I gawk all the time. We have a street that is all lined by bars on both sides. I just loving watch myself put down that rode and think how awesomely badass I look. Then I give myself a reflective thumbs up and do a power wheelie infront of some loving pigs. They don't even leave the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot because they know they have no chance of catching me so I flick them off with one hand and wave to the bar bitches with the other hand all at the same time while riding a 12 o'clock wheelie and oh yea did I mention it was 2 am and the bars were just letting out and I am so trashed cause loving JAEGERBOMBS ALL NIGHT. AND ALSO THERE IS A CHICK ON MY BIKE AND I AM loving HER FROM BEHIND AND SHE IS HANGING OFF THE FRONT OF MY BIKE LOOKING ALL FLY WITH THAT rear end BOUNCING WHEN I TWIST THE THROTTLE AND I'VE GOT A PLATE OF JELLO SHOTS RESTING ON HER BACK AND I loving CHUG THOSE DOWN AND THE COPS ARE ALL LIKE "DAY-UM, THAT MOTHERFUCKER IS BADASS" AND ALL THE PEOPLE GETTING OUT OF THE BARS ARE CHEERING AND THERE ARE FIREWORKS ARE GOING OFF AND THERE IS A ROCKET BLASTING OFF INTO SPACE AND CHARLES IS LIKE I'M SO SORRY YOU'RE REALLY IN CHARGE AND I'M LIKE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

edit: This on my RD350 btw.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I just got my first pair of leather riding pants. A nice AVG pair. I did not expect them to be so drat slippery on my seat. GOD drat I am sliding all over the place.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Springfield Fatts posted:

I was doing about 85mph on the highway yesterday and got passed like I was sitting still by something. Didn't get a great look at it but from what I could gather it was a newish Japanese naked. All I could catch of it was: graphite grey paint job, gold forks, no obvious graphics on bodywork, tall & flat bars, and a low-slung exhaust. Any ideas?

Edit: I should note it wasn't either of the newer FZ/MT's

That sounds a poo poo ton like a newer Kawi Z1000. Google and you should get a ton of gray with gold forks.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

M42 posted:

Meanwhile

Look at that little guy!

And the Grom!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Buhbuhj posted:

So it turns out Yamaha still can't make an auto cam chain tensioner. My 16 fz-09 is supposed to have the latest revision and surprise after 300 miles it's ticking like a motherfucker. Guess it's time to buy a manual tensioner.

Describe the tick. MOTHERFUCKER.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Man, this was 200 posts of pure dumbshit dick waving and the worst loving part is that I actually got so stressed reading it I laughed outloud at a Chichevache post.

Chichevache posted:

I ride bolt upright because I'm a gentleman.

Chichevache posted:

There is definitely nothing up my rear end.

I am 100% with z3n on this though. I've been riding solid for a decade and I still feel fresh as gently caress every time I get on a bike of mine.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Razzled posted:

i actually told him this in IRC, just buy whatever the gently caress and gently caress off with the pretending to want advice thing. get a big bike and just shine on crazy diamond

This is pretty much it, just stop posting and buy what you want. Stop creating drama. Stop lighting up the autism spectrum like a loving Christmas Tree. Just make sure your widow posts in the Crash Test Thread(With pictures TIA)

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I think it's pretty established that DRz400>DR650>Skateboard>KLR650

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
That's less about Suzukis being good bikes(They are not) and more about the KLR being a two wheel tractor.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
To be honest, he really hamfisted the gently caress out of that. It would have done the same on an R3.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Ummm, and let that Chumbalone in the car get away? gently caress that. That brave man flung his bike to disable the car, ensuring the person would be held responsible. The hero we all deserve. The amount of mental calculations he must have done in a split second to hit the car in such a disabling manner.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Yea, I think the getting super defensive part is where goons loving pounce. Just like, actually laugh at yourself once in a while. Not the "I guess I'm a piece of poo poo" quasi compliment baiting, but genuinely realize that everyone fucks up sometimes, and sometimes that person is you.

Or don't post your fuckups, I don't. (I dropped an SV in a round about 10 years ago because I panicked when a woman in a minivan didn't yield to me.)

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

ilkhan posted:

Note, I'm still leaning towards the R3, not the FZ-07. But....
People love the SV650 as a first bike. Its roughly the same power, weight, torque, etc as an FZ-07. Why is [the SV650] considered so much more "newbie friendly"?

HotCanadianChick posted:

Eh, the SV650 still isn't the best choice for a new rider - it's usually recommended as such by the same kind of people that complain about EX250s "only" being capable of getting up to 95-100 mph and not being "enough" bike for a "real man".

By bike standards an SV has pretty moderate power, yet it can still put down a 1/4 mile time faster than a C7 'vette and just shy of a C7 Z06. Would you give the keys to a C7 to someone that just came out of the DMV with a shiny new license?

Beyond this, The SV has been about since '99 and the FZ-07 is new(2014). I would say they are going to be pretty equal in terms of performance, just that the SV is going to be cheaper and have a larger community, as such, it's the better learner bike.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Space Whale posted:

So I need to find the best place to put a Tarheel sticker ln my ninja.

tarheel always seemed like a racist term to me
what's it mean
i mean i'm not saying it's racist i have no idea
i can just picture a white dude sayin 'fuckin tarheels'

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

uncle spero posted:

Its the mascot of the largest university in the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Tar_Heels

The idea is that a Tarheel is someone who stands their ground in the face of adversity, as if they have something sticky on their feet. Supposedly the term was used for soldiers from North Carolina from the American Revolution, but I would not swear that anything from that part of the country is 100% racism-free.

Doesn't Space Whale stand his ground in the face of adversity he faces here in the form of sensible motorcycle advice? Almost as if he has something sticky on his feet?

:thejoke:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

clutchpuck posted:

Lol, not everything with a color implication is race related. Fuckin millenials.

Tar was a big part of the NC economy and the moniker dates back to the revolutionary war... it was formerly used as a pejorative but North Carolinians reclaimed that poo poo

Hey, hey guy. Try to follow the thread and the jokes.

Edit: fuckin "millenials".

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 18, 2016

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said.

Well this is awkward with a page break...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Sooooo, Rode the FZ-09 in heavy rain for the first time. I've done a fender elim on it because I hate the look of stock fenders.

That seat FUNNELS rainwater down my buttcrack. I stayed relatively fine and then just the wettest butt ever.