Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

Phat_Albert posted:

Honestly, the easiest SM for touring is the DRZ. The motor has sportbike-like maintenance intervals, its heavier, so it doesnt get blown around quite as much, and it doesnt feel super strained on the highway.

I cant imagine a more focused SM being any fun on the highway.

Honestly I hate riding the DRZ on the highway. I won't do it for more that 15-20 minutes. To be fair, my comparison is only with bigger bikes (gsx-r600, speed3) but I feel like I get blown different directions all the time.

Are there used, larger, KTM's available for that price? I don't really know. Also, why are you sold on taking a motard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
So I've been working on my FCR carb upgrade for my DRZ all week (a bit here and there where I have time) and all I can say is gently caress! Getting the new carb in by myself isn't going to happen. It's supposedly shorter than the stock setup but I can't make it fit. Hopefully my roommate or a buddy can help me this weekend. Also, I'm hoping my stock throttle cables fit because I just want to ride the DRZ, forget any extra work.

Why can't I be more mechanically inclined!!!

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003

Fantastipotamus posted:

Well, I put $250 down on a 2006 Speed Triple yesterday (looks like the one below almost exactly). It's got ~4200 miles or so, and it's all black. I don't have any pics yet because a) I didn't think of it while I was there and b) it was too new at the distributor for them to have got around to taking pictures yet.

It looks like this one below, and apart from replacing the back tire (which has a suspicious looking flatness in the middle, while the front still has plenty of life -- likely indicating burnouts?), my first order of business will be picking up the little flyscreen for the gauges. Oh, and it sounds loving awesome.

Awesome. I have an 07 (same bike) so feel free to contact me with any questions or sites. My email is my username at gmail.

Also check out
https://www.thespeedtriple.com (by far the best)
https://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003

Z3n posted:

Arg, the ZZR was smoking when I got to work (probably didn't seat the valve cover gasket correctly) and in my haste to look at it, I didn't put the key in my pocket like I usually do...and now the key is gone :(

Whenever this happens to me, I always find my key in the lock that pops the seat off. (it just occurred to me that I don't know if that has a special name. any ideas?)