Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I bent the foot on my (Suzuki) GS too. You can pry it back and it will work as long as you don't giv'r hell again. I now tend to pull up on the tail while I'm getting it up onto the stand. Seems to put a lot less pressure on the foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Same here. On the goal list and everything.
Last year out around 9k on the bike and 98% was commuting. At least I got two track days in. This years goal is three but I'd prefer 4 or 5.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I would say something but last DR I tried to kick start I somehow managed to sprain my wrist and never got the drat thing started.

I don't think Suzuki is the Chinese scooter factory of Japan, more like a Japanese Lada. No particular attention to detail, lots of them fall apart but some just go for a million years constantly falling apart but then being put back together with the cheap parts from the ones that didn't make it.
My GS is rough and not a very inspiring bike but it's taken 75K miles of abuse better than I ever thought possible.

VVV: I have no experience with the DRZ but more motorcycles are always better than fewer so I'd say your plan is solid and you should go forward with it.

Bugdrvr fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 17, 2015

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I just filled the info out on that site. I'd totally let them mount cameras and poo poo all over my bike if any good would come of it. Only problem was my stuff is too old to be on their list so I'm not sure they want a camera on my rattle traps. On the plus side I do ride a poo poo load so they'd get their moneys worth.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

The guy for that NHTSA study seems excited to use my GS. Who knew?
Would be cool if my mindless commuting somehow makes motorcycling safer for everyone.