Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

redscare posted:

Speaking of this, something ELSE has come up, this time a bit more serious. Once it warms up, when idling, the bike has developed this desire to rev up, first up to 4k and then up 8k. What in the world could be causing this? Stuck throttle cable? Carb sliders? God hating me?

It happened to me when one of my cylinders wouldn't ever fire. I ended up upping the idle speed so much to make the one cylinder idle at 1000rpm that by the time the other cylinder fired the rpm absolutely screamed.

Ps, is your choke off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I wave to EVERYONE. And when I don't get a wave I wave even harder.
My first wave is a finger pointing to the ground which is customary round these parts :clint:

(texas)

But gently caress the riders in New Mexico, not a single one waved back on the way home from Albuquerque.

They all got stupid insane waves from me :)

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
I really love bikers. They really understand that sometimes it's just not your fault when X Y Z happen. They just want to get you back to running(riding) shape.

99% of this community is freaking rad. :bsg:

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Keep them in your wallet. You're never riding without your wallet are you?

The day I rode without my tankbag full of stuff, is the day I got busted.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

Tenchrono posted:

Found a nice long twisty road near my house.

The corners are all scattered with gravel :eng99:.

Take a broom and sweep them out.