Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Well Z3n you got your wish. Finally got to test out the ABS on the SV tonight.

I had just left work and it has been lightly raining pretty much all day. After a quick warm up off i go to deal with peak hour traffic in the wet. I had not gone more than 500m when after just powering through an intersection the road dipped down towards another intersection maybe 20m away. Here was a stop sign with a ute waiting to go. Now i would say i was going maybe 40km/hr but with the downward slope, slick road and cold tires, taking a handful of front brakes locked up the front wheel.

We all know what losing the front wheel means, and i had the distinct pleasure of feeling it lock up, slide maybe an inch or so the the right, ready to drop out from under me, when the ABS took over. It was really all over before i had time to react, the wheel locked, the ABS pulsed once maybe twice before i could get off the brakes, but it was enough to save it. Off the fronts, onto the rear and softly re-apply the front. So thank you Mr Suzuki, you saved me from sliding under the back of a ute.

TLDR: A+++++ WOULD LOSE FRONT WHEEL TRACTION AGAIN!

Click here for the full 892x516 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU